Red Dead Redemption 2

MikeT14

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Well I didn't mind it bc they had an extra 60 dollars on top of the money they stole from me.

It was an amusing add in. But that 2nd one I saw was some creepy old timer. And was well after the bank job so I had near 6k. 60 bucks wasnt worth it. Ill trigger it next play through.

But go into the clothing store in Saint Denis a couple times. Walking through the doorway is where a pickpocket got me and getting my money back I took near 300 dollars extra from him in return.

• Like 1

I like this game.  But I also have a lot of trouble with the controls.  I also have trouble knowing who an enemy is until he is shooting me.  The dueling works about 3% of the time, if I just missed I wouldn't have a problem, but I can't even draw most of the time.  I have gotten killed 4 or 5 times by law enforcement after a random guy just started attacking me in the streets and I defend myself.  I don't understand that.

My latest mission has me trying to raid the oil refinery.  I tried sneaking, I tried going in guns blazing, I tried shooting from a distance.  I just get killed.

There is a blackjack table upstairs in the saloon in a place called Rhodes (I think that is what it is called) South of the camp and West of Saint Denis.  Son of a ***** dealer kept giving me 16...

57 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

My latest mission has me trying to raid the oil refinery.  I tried sneaking, I tried going in guns blazing, I tried shooting from a distance.  I just get killed.

If its the one where you steal the wagon. I snuck up and hopped the fence right behind the wagon. Then eased around to the front of the wagon, hopped on and started pumpin shotgun blast.

49 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

yall how is it so far?

I loved every minute of it. The storytelling is amazing. Felt more like youre playing a movie as it went along than a standard video game to me. With the story being told as good as the first 4 seasons of GOT.

The replay isnt as good cause of that. But I thought an amazing game, well worth the wait and delays. Im sure a couple patches will be coming to fix a couple minor details. But its all I ever wanted out of a game, fit me like a glove. And couldnt ask for better out of it.

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I loved every minute of it. The storytelling is amazing. Felt more like youre playing a movie as it went along than a standard video game to me. With the story being told as good as the first 4 seasons of GOT.

The replay isnt as good cause of that. But I thought an amazing game, well worth the wait and delays. Im sure a couple patches will be coming to fix a couple minor details. But its all I ever wanted out of a game, fit me like a glove. And couldnt ask for better out of it.

RDR is my favorite non mass effect game. I have bought it but have not played it yet. I am glad to hear this 

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I like this game.  But I also have a lot of trouble with the controls.  I also have trouble knowing who an enemy is until he is shooting me.  The dueling works about 3% of the time, if I just missed I wouldn't have a problem, but I can't even draw most of the time.  I have gotten killed 4 or 5 times by law enforcement after a random guy just started attacking me in the streets and I defend myself.  I don't understand that.

There is a blackjack table upstairs in the saloon in a place called Rhodes (I think that is what it is called) South of the camp and West of Saint Denis.  Son of a ***** dealer kept giving me 16...

Yea so many times I'm just trying to navigate through the street, bump into a dude and next thing I know he's throwing fists. Then in dumb fashion the button to prompt conversation and defuse the situation is also the same one to "aim weapon" so if you by mistake double tap it or whatnot next thing you know you're in a firefight. So many times I come upon a camp fire and head over there to see if maybe it's a side mission or something. And as soon as I approach the dude is threatening me. I get it when it's those O'Driscalls or bank robbers, but some random dude on his own out in the wilderness I think would be a little less likely to open fire on someone not showing any hostility. Little things like that feel like minor issues though in the grand scheme of this magnificent game.
I agree with the controls. I've been experimenting with trying to not use auto aim, tweaking the sensitivity,  first person etc just trying to find a setup that feels right. But I end up being at such a huge disadvantage in the firefights without the auto aim.

Why won't they let me hook up with Mary-Beth? I is dissapoint:(

Also, Wtf is a ring dang do? Whatever it is I hate it, going to have that song stuck in my head all night.

After reflecting on the lyrics I just realized what a ring dang do is... And I take that back, I most certainly do not hate it, lol.

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

Why won't they let me hook up with Mary-Beth? I is dissapoint:(

Also, Wtf is a ring dang do? Whatever it is I hate it, going to have that song stuck in my head all night.

After reflecting on the lyrics I just realized what a ring dang do is... And I take that back, I most certainly do not hate it, lol.

Lemmy have a rule and a saw and a board and Ill cut it. Climb up a ladder with a hammer and a nail and Ill nail it. Worked so hard to build this little house together. In the snow or the rain or the ice cold wind whenever.

^^^^ Thats the one that got me. But loved that entire segment so much.. If you havent gotten to that song, youre in for a real treat I hope.

(and I was pulling for a Charlotte hookup lol)