Red Dead Redemption 2

MikeT14

13 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I'm loving the slower pace so far. The gun play feels a little too snappy and I would have liked it a little grittier but in all everything feels ok. I think the most apt description of this game is Red Dead Redemption was GTA with Cowboys. Red Dead Redemption 2 is a cowboy simulator. Although at first I wasn't a fan the slower pace is really drawing me in. I spent an hour yesterday just catching wild horses and another hour playing poker. I no other game did I spend time doing mundane tasks and actually enjoying it like this one. 

Same here. I ride around finding white dots everywhere. Just in a little while today I rescued a woman out the swamp, got a guys wagon back, and ambushed a couple bank robbers that had taken a safe. I waited till they had the safe open and surprised them.

Those that havent reached the Valentine bank job. Blow the safes for heavy action, crack the safes for very little. I tried them both, cracking them quietly is kinda lackluster.

And does anyone have a hunting tip for perfect skins? I was doing fine, but lately arrow shots to the head are only giving me "Good" for some reason when I was getting half perfect ones.

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

I'm loving the slower pace so far. The gun play feels a little too snappy and I would have liked it a little grittier but in all everything feels ok. I think the most apt description of this game is Red Dead Redemption was GTA with Cowboys. Red Dead Redemption 2 is a cowboy simulator. Although at first I wasn't a fan the slower pace is really drawing me in. I spent an hour yesterday just catching wild horses and another hour playing poker. I no other game did I spend time doing mundane tasks and actually enjoying it like this one. 

Is there a point where it's like a side quest to catch horses? I've been wanting to do that.

55 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

And does anyone have a hunting tip for perfect skins? I was doing fine, but lately arrow shots to the head are only giving me "Good" for some reason when I was getting half perfect ones.

You either need certain arrows for that or you need the varmint gun with its bullets I believe. 

53 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Is there a point where it's like a side quest to catch horses? I've been wanting to do that.

I just started doing it. So far I have not run across a quest to catch horses. I actually caught and trained a really sweet looking thoroughbred the other day but I left him on the train tracks doing some robbing and smack! 

12 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

And blackjack which I haven't found yet. 

Yeah I haven't found this yet (I'm still very early in) but it's my next challenge on the Gambler thing so it'll be somewhere. Is Liar's Dice in this one as well? I loved that game.

Jesus Christ.... My luck is terrible.... I'm working a ton on overtime lately and while I can take my ps4 and play at work the internet at work is pretty slow so I use my mobile hotspot which is pretty fast.

Anyway, I get to work and start the download and it says 6 hours... That's fine I work 12 hour shifts anyway so no biggie.... Then I get a text from att say saying I've reached my 10gb monthly mobile hotspot limit (which didn't exist until a few months ago and I'm very pissed off about)... Now it says...

.........99+ hours....fml

14 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I just started doing it. So far I have not run across a quest to catch horses. I actually caught and trained a really sweet looking thoroughbred the other day but I left him on the train tracks doing some robbing and smack! 

Are you catching wild horses? And can you catch them and sell them to the farrier or stables? Stagecoach robbing is fun but it's getting kind of old. Need a new way of building income to pay off my bounties :ph34r:

Edited by Shockey1979

I played for a good while last night, and while I did enjoy it more, I do think that Rockstar took some things just too far. The world is incredibly detailed, but the controls are a bit of a mess at times, and some of the things (like the wanted system) really stand out as issues when they clearly spent so much time on making the game "realistic," only to have certain things that are anything but. 

And really, my horse died because I ran into a tree? That's realistic, sure, but the controls aren't exactly pin-point, and I imagine that most tamed horses would avoid running into trees with their rider. 

25 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

Are you catching wild horses? And can you catch them and sell them to the farrier or stables? Stagecoach robbing is fun but it's getting kind of old. Need a new way of building income to pay off my bounties :ph34r:

You can catch them. But they only give under 10 bucks for any horse without papers.

Some pickpocket got 260 bucks off me. I chased and gunned him down. When I looted him I got 680 bucks.

AND while Im here... I ran into another klan gathering. OMG theyre the funniest things in the game. Check any white dot close by where the 2nd camp is. Both triggered after we left that camp for the 3rd.

7 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Jesus Christ.... My luck is terrible.... I'm working a ton on overtime lately and while I can take my ps4 and play at work the internet at work is pretty slow so I use my mobile hotspot which is pretty fast.

Anyway, I get to work and start the download and it says 6 hours... That's fine I work 12 hour shifts anyway so no biggie.... Then I get a text from att say saying I've reached my 10gb monthly mobile hotspot limit (which didn't exist until a few months ago and I'm very pissed off about)... Now it says...

.........99+ hours....fml

This guy says that his luck is terrible and then proceeds to talk about how he can play video games while he's at work.

• Like 5