Jared Goff vs Jimmy Garappolo

patriotsheatyan

Jared Goff vs Jimmy Garappolo  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have Jared Goff vs Jimmy Garappolo

• Goff
    • Garappolo

On 3/30/2018 at 7:08 PM, jrry32 said:

That's because you are only posting volume numbers and are conveniently ignoring that Brady attempted over 100 more passes.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GoffJa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00.htm

Their numbers are on par. Brady is a better QB, but that doesn't change what Goff produced last year. But we're arguing semantics at this point.

The radio thing isn't about "need," it's about using a resource you have. I doubt either QB "needs" it, but why wouldn't you use it?

Brady: Passer rating 102. 8, 66.3% completion percentage, 7.9 AVE, QBR (I hate using this stat but's it's in your link) 70.2

Goff: Passer rating 100.5,  62.1% completion percentage, 8.0 YA, QBR 48.4

Even so Brady has 1 more INT on over 100 more passes.

He wasn't at Brady's level. Goff produced, but you're over selling where he was. You also have to consider that Brady played the entire year without his go to receiver and he didn't have a running back like Gurley to keep team's honest.

Anyways at this rate I'd have Goff over Garoppolo but mostly off of playing time. Really I think it's early to make judgments on either of them. Goff clocked in one good season, Jimmy clocked in a little under a third of a season of good games. Consistency is underrated. 

3 hours ago, lancerman said:

Brady: Passer rating 102. 8, 66.3% completion percentage, 7.9 AVE, QBR (I hate using this stat but's it's in your link) 70.2

Goff: Passer rating 100.5,  62.1% completion percentage, 8.0 YA, QBR 48.4

Even so Brady has 1 more INT on over 100 more passes.

He wasn't at Brady's level. Goff produced, but you're over selling where he was. You also have to consider that Brady played the entire year without his go to receiver and he didn't have a running back like Gurley to keep team's honest.

Anyways at this rate I'd have Goff over Garoppolo but mostly off of playing time. Really I think it's early to make judgments on either of them. Goff clocked in one good season, Jimmy clocked in a little under a third of a season of good games. Consistency is underrated. 

Goff

62.1% completion percentage

5.9% TD%

1.5% Int%

4:1 TD:Int Ratio

12.9 YPC

8.0 YPA

8.5 AYPA

100.5 Passer Rating

7.24 NYPA

7.72 ANYPA

Brady

66.3% completion percentage

5.5 TD%

1.4% Int%

4:1 TD:Int Ratio

11.9 YPC

7.9 YPA

8.4 AYPA

102.8 Passer Rating

7.1 NYPA

7.56 ANYPA

His production was absolutely on Brady's level. And lol at you using QBR, just lol.

24 minutes ago, James Burgess Jr. said:

I think injuries can be a major thing that negates talent. I think they are both very talented though, I would just rather have my qb on the field not holding a clipboard 

Jimmy Garoppolo got injured in his second start of his career (shoulder injury) and forced the Patriots to start Jacoby Brissett until Brady returned. Meanwhile, Goff never missed a game due to injury in college. in the NFL, Goff has never missed a start either (*knock on wood*, but the Rams did pull him out of a game in 2016 after a big hit from Sherman to make sure he didn't have a concussion. There's nothing to indicate that Goff is more injury prone than Garoppolo. 

Goff just put up an above average season statistically.  He also put up the worst statistical season in Football Outsider's history his rookie year IIRC.  I think he ends up somewhere in between.

Garoppolo is a gamer.  I've been impressed watching his career unfold thus far.  Still too early to say definitively either way, but give me Garoppolo as of now.

8 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Goff just put up an above average season statistically.  He also put up the worst statistical season in Football Outsider's history his rookie year IIRC.  I think he ends up somewhere in between.

Garoppolo is a gamer.  I've been impressed watching his career unfold thus far.  Still too early to say definitively either way, but give me Garoppolo as of now.

LOL. His season was top 5 statistically in 2017. And his offense ended up #1 in the NFL in PPG. He did all of that at 23 years old in his first year in a new scheme and his second year in the NFL. I feel quite confident that a former #1 overall pick didn't peak in his second year.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

LOL. His season was top 5 statistically in 2017. And his offense ended up #1 in the NFL in PPG. He did all of that at 23 years old in his first year in a new scheme and his second year in the NFL. I feel quite confident that a former #1 overall pick didn't peak in his second year.

I mean, so was Case Keenum's...

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I mean, so was Case Keenum's...

No, it wasn't. Wentz, Brady, Goff, Smith, and Brees were the top 5 statistical seasons. And then you have Stafford, Rivers, and Wilson who were all arguably better than Keenum.

Archived