Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

annnnd.... Blair Walsh misses a field goal with 7 seconds left that would have tied the game.

Atlanta wins.

When I saw they were trying it, I figured he'd miss left or right, not 5 yards short. He clearly has had the leg for that before and should still have it now.

Defensive lineman Datone Jones‘ stay with the 49ers lasted less than a month.

The 49ers announced on Tuesday that they have waived Jones. They’re the third team to part ways with Jones this year as the Vikings dropped him in September after signing him as a free agent in March and the Lions did the same in October after Jones spent a week on the roster.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/21/49ers-waive-datone-jones/

The Pro Football Hall of Fame announced the 27 semifinalists for the Class of 2018. It includes six first-year eligible candidates in defensive back Ronde Barber, guard Steve Hutchinson, linebackers Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher, wide receiver Randy Moss and defensive lineman Richard Seymour.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/21/randy-moss-ray-lewis-among-hall-of-fame-semifinalists-for-2018/

13 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Moss and Lewis should be first ballot. Hutchinson should get in too, but it may take awhile. 

I think Lewis is likely the only guarantee of that list to go in this year.  I personally don't believe Barber or Seymour will ever get in, but i think the others will.  

Edited by disaacs

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

That’s a tough list to narrow down. 

I agree, but mainly for the fact that so many of the players are borderline HOFers...at least IMO.  I'm still hoping that they just put Coryell in to get the discussion over.  When you have an entire offensive scheme named after you, you deserve to be a HOFer regardless of whether your head coaching record is elite or not.

Here's my guess on the 5:

Jimmy Johnson (even though I personally don't believe he coached long enough to even warrant discussion)

Alan Faneca

Ray Lewis

Joe Jacoby

John Lynch

In other words, I think they are going to block both TO and Moss.  

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

John Lynch over Randy Moss...?

I personally wouldn't, but I believe quite a few of the voters have it out for both Moss and TO.  My opinion of the integrity of the HOF voters has soured dramatically when they blocked Cris Carter for 5 years.    

Edited by disaacs

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

you can't vote in Ray Lewis who avoided a murder conviction, and leave out Randy Moss for having a big mouth.

Which is why I question their integrity.  They have something against diva wide receivers, but can just gloss over clear character issues like Lewis, because he's such a "great emotional leader."  Personally, I think Urlacher should make it in before Lewis as there is absolutely no question about his character.