Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think people over react to Diggs’ reactions. 

Well, I just think they're reacting to his overreactions.  It's great to have that great desire to win, but he goes overboard at times...but, so did Cris Carter.  It is a hyper-sensitive age, but I believe Diggs overreacts at weird times, when the situation doesn't seem to warrant it.

10 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Think we all said the same before he was traded. Then he was traded. 

And Diggs hasn’t done anything remotely close to what happened in Minnesota. Remember, Diggs’ unhappiness with Minnesota was over multiple seasons, and was due to him feeling as though the team lied to him about how the offense was going to be run. 

People like Florio (a tabloid writer) want to make anything that Diggs says or does into some cryptic message that means he wants out. They want the chaos. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

And Diggs hasn’t done anything remotely close to what happened in Minnesota. Remember, Diggs’ unhappiness with Minnesota was over multiple seasons, and was due to him feeling as though the team lied to him about how the offense was going to be run. 

People like Florio (a tabloid writer) want to make anything that Diggs says or does into some cryptic message that means he wants out. They want the chaos. 

Chaos = Clicks...which is practically the same thing as cable news.  Let's talk nonsense and we'll get ratings = Dollars.  

Florio has often had some foresight, but then there's lots of times where he tries to create something out of nothing.  For example, the whole neutral-site conference games idea.  That would likely be a non-starter for virtually all of the owners.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

That desire to win is now potentially pushing his second team away. There’s a healthy response to winning and losing and then there is Diggs, who’s routinely walked out on his team. As a WR, what more can you ask for with Josh Allen as your QB. I guess Patrick Mahomes or Joe Burrow? Does Diggs really think he’ll end up there?  

He hasn’t walked out on his team. That’s baloney.

10 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I love how Tom Brady was allowed to turn into a lunatic on the sidelines and blow up at people and is revered for his passion, but Diggs is considered toxic.

Well, to be fair, Brady can control a lot more things on his end than Diggs can (like who to throw to)...and he also had significant more ring cred.  He wasn't blowing up at people 3-4 years into his career.  

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Well, to be fair, Brady can control a lot more things on his end than Diggs can (like who to throw to)...and he also had significant more ring cred.  He wasn't blowing up at people 3-4 years into his career.  

Total double standard and not remotely fair, imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Total double standard and not remotely fair, imo.

It may not be fair, but it is how it is. I don't recall people saying Jay Cutler was passioned when he'd go crazy on the sideline.  It's about the perception of the player.  

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

His teams did.

Of course his teams did...but he certainly played probably one of the most significant parts in it.  Would you say Bill Belichick didn't win 7 rings because he only played his role?  

In the end, there is nothing in life that is going to be fair to everyone.  Stefon Diggs earned his reputation on his own with cryptic tweets and other such nonsense.  Tom Brady did not.  That's one of the main reasons for the difference in perception.  You may view it as a double standard, but they both earned that because of their own decisions.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

Clearly we see things differently. All Stefon Diggs does is produce and demand strong performance from his teammates. Cryptic tweets are nothing, and if you get hung up on that, that's your problem, not his. The ONLY difference is that he's not a QB and literally can't have the same impact. 

I don't view it as a double standard. That's just a fact.

Edited by JDBrocks