Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

And he’s the passing game coordinator in San Francisco this year. 

It always amazes me how dismissive people can be of young coaches as if there isn’t a learning curve. Kubiak was 34 years old in his one year as OC with the Vikings. And despite having to deal with Zimmer’s hostile nature towards offensive coordinators, Kubiak still managed to organize and lead a unit that was just has productive in 2021 as O’Connell’s offense was in 2022. 

I don't disagree with you that people like to write off young coaches too early. However, it rarely seems like a coach finally gets "it" after a failed tenure somewhere else. Sure, there are people like Belichek and Pete Carroll, but they were head coaches. I'm not sure if that's the same case with coordinators or not, but that seems to be the trend in general.

Edited by AP_allday2869

16 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Not sure why people laugh at Klint Kubiak. He’s a very good coach with an excellent offensive mind.

I'm not laughing at Kubiak...I'm laughing at the fact that someone is referring to him as potentially a "dream" candidate.  That's a little over the top.

43 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm not laughing at Kubiak...I'm laughing at the fact that someone is referring to him as potentially a "dream" candidate.  That's a little over the top.

Maybe someday, but he doesn't even seem close to doing what his dad accomplished.

On a related note, about a year ago, I met a distant family member of his, but they aren't close at (3rd cousins, I believe)

Leslie Frazier, who did not coach in 2023, has an interview scheduled for this week with the Dolphins for their defensive coordinator position, Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reports.

Former Chargers head coach Brandon Staley, Bills linebackers coach Bobby Babich, Dolphins outside linebackers coach Ryan Slowik and Dolphins linebackers coach Anthony Campanile also are candidates.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-dolphins-to-interview-leslie-frazier-for-dc-job