Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

Joe Webb has hung around the NFL for nine seasons by being versatile. The Texans took advantage of that versatility last week, by pressing their third quarterback into action as a wide receiver, when DeAndre Carter and Keke Coutee were injured during their game against the Colts.

Webb caught two passes for 13 yards, pushing his career totals to 10 catches for 74 yards. He’s thrown seven passes in the last seven seasons.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/12/texans-glad-to-have-versatile-joe-webb-who-can-fill-in-at-receiver/

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Tuesday on Up To The Minute Live that Quinn is expected to make significant changes to the Falcons coaching staff.

But this is a possibility here that he could end up cleaning out both of his coordinators -- that's offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian and defensive coordinator Marquand Manuel. It would not be a surprise if they overhaul things on both sides of the ball."

Pelissero offered one former offensive coordinator to watch in Atlanta: Darrell Bevell, who Quinn worked with previously in Seattle.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001001660/article/strong-possibility-falcons-could-fire-both-oc-and-dc

Washington running back Adrian Peterson has defied the conventional age norms for his position, and he credits former teammate Brett Favre for the inspiration.

During an interview with Favre on SiriusXM NFL Radio, Peterson said the former Vikings (and well, OK Packers) quarterback showed him what it meant to put in the time to prepare as an older man in a young man’s game.

Peterson: “You know what it takes. I had the opportunity to play with you in 2009, and still to this day, I haven’t felt wind go by my ear from any other passer. That was at 40 years old; at practice you threw the ball so hard, wind went by as the receiver was coming by to catch the ball. That season you had was just spectacular and amazing. Being around you, too, even motivated me more to know that I could play this game as long as I felt I could, and not allowing people to box me in. You are a great example, so for me, that was something that I wanted to continue to do throughout my career. Coming in and watching you be the professional that you were at your age, the way that you practiced.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/19/adrian-peterson-says-brett-favre-inspired-him-to-keep-going/

19 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Now down to 61 yards to pass ED. He needs 78 to break the 1,000 yard mark.

Yeah, now he's getting into the Legend stratosphere.  Possibly passing up Dickerson this year.  Maybe Tomlinson next year.  I doubt he ever makes it into the top 3 all time Superstar, Position Defining,  Prodigiousness, Greatness of Sanders,  Payton and Smith.  But it would be cool to have 3 of the top 5 be NFC North running backs.

2 minutes ago, since72 said:

Yeah, now he's getting into the Legend stratosphere.  Possibly passing up Dickerson this year.  Maybe Tomlinson next year.  I doubt he ever makes it into the top 3 all time Superstar, Position Defining,  Prodigiousness, Greatness of Sanders,  Payton and Smith.  But it would be cool to have 3 of the top 5 be NFC North running backs.

And unfortunately, he and Gore (along with McCoy and Lynch) are the last of the breed.  From here on out, we'll have to redefine what a HOF RB is going to be, because no one will likely ever reach their totals again...or not at least for quite some time.  In the future, a HOF RB might not even ever reach 10K yds, let alone 13K-14K like Gore and Adrian.  The committee back system has killed it.  Guys like Jonathan Stewart, Jamaal Charles, LaGarrette Blount, and now Mark Ingram (who amazingly is now in his 8th season) aren't anywhere near 10K yds...and likely won't even get close unless they have a renaissance.