Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

11 hours ago, TENINCH said:

It came from Jason La Canfora. I'd take it with less than a grain of salt. He has some of the worst takes I've ever seen, whether its football, baseball or politics.

15 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

on the bright side of the offensive line, at least we don’t have to hear this, year after year.

People forget just how promising Kalil's rookie season was!  I wish he could've built upon that year and avoided all the injuries. It would be interesting to find out why he has become so very injury prone.

13 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

People forget just how promising Kalil's rookie season was!  I wish he could've built upon that year and avoided all the injuries. It would be interesting to find out why he has become so very injury prone.

It started off in college. I believe degenerative knees are just the issue.

22 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I didn't forget, he was a Pro Bowl player after all.  And people did give him the benefit of the doubt (myself included) after his subsequent injury and his recovery from it, but then his dismissive attitude towards people's criticism of him wore on us.  The final straw for many people was probably his knocking off of that fan's hat at training camp.  After that, there no longer was a benefit of the doubt.  He just didn't get it...and it doesn't appear he ever has.   

When 49ers defensive back Antone Exum was flagged for unnecessary roughness on Sunday for a hit on Rams wide receiver Robert Woods, he and his teammates insisted he had done nothing wrong. The NFL strongly disagreed. The league confirmed today that Exum has been fined $53,482 for unnecessary roughness. That’s a huge fine, one that suggests that Exum is lucky he didn’t get suspended, from the league’s perspective.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/05/49ers-antone-exum-fined-53482-for-unnecessary-roughness/

Brad Childress resigned as coach of the Atlanta Legends of the Alliance of American Football earlier this week. He released a statement Friday, saying he needs to refocus and spend time with his family.

Childress: “I’ve been fortunate to work with many great players and coaches throughout my years in football — including those at The Alliance. Throughout it all, my biggest supporters have always been my family. I have an amazing wife, four kids, four grandchildren and am still lucky enough to have my parents around. For now, I need to refocus. I’m looking forward to spending time with them and supporting them as they’ve done so for me.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/11/brad-childress-leaves-legends-to-spend-time-with-family/

John DeFilippo is reportedly in the mix for a pair of coordinator jobs.

Mike Kaye of NJ.com reports that DeFilippo interviewed with the Jaguars for their vacancy. DeFilippo also reportedly spoke to the Cardinals. John Gambadoro of Arizona Sports 98.7 reports that the interview took place on Sunday after Steve Sarkisian opted to go back to the University of Alabama. With Kliff Kingsbury coaching the Cardinals, DeFilippo wouldn’t be calling plays in Arizona.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/14/reports-john-defilippo-interviewed-with-cardinals-jaguars/

The Bills extended linebacker Lorenzo Alexander‘s contract through the 2019 season on Wednesday and they took care of another deal before the day was out.

The team announced that offensive lineman Jeremiah Sirles has also signed a deal that keeps him under contract for next season. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/16/jeremiah-sirles-signs-extension-with-bills/