Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Anyone interested in a Sullivan-Vikings reunion?

I think Minnesota should at least consider it.

IDK...he's 33 years old and has injury history.  I am glad that he got to play on the Rams team and at least play in a SB though.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Anyone interested in a Sullivan-Vikings reunion?

I think Minnesota should at least consider it.

I think he would be a great short-timer to hold the fort while they continue looking for an answer including trying to develop Elflein. However, I wouldn't want to give him much of a signing bonus as I wouldn't want cutting him to cost too much if the team gets a guy in the draft that can start or if Elflein passed him on the depth chart in training camp. Sullivan is not a viable backup owing to limitations in positional flexibility coupled with the point of his career he is at. Backup offensive linemen need to be players with positional flexibility and/or strong developmental candidates (like Elflein or Easton)

15 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Sounds like he'll have his destination...also might have an impact on the draft (although that would have depended on who would be available when they select anyway.

And eliminates a possible destination for Rosen

Daniel Carlson didn’t open the 2018 season as the Raiders’ kicker, but he closed out the year in that job and he’ll have at least a shot of staying put to open the 2019 season. Carlson was set to be an exclusive rights free agent this offseason, which means he’d be staying put as long as the Raiders tendered a contract offer. Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports they’ve done exactly that.

Carlson was a fifth-round pick by the Vikings, who cut him after he missed three kicks in a tie with the Packers. He made 16-of-17 field goals and all 18 extra points he tried in 10 games with the Raiders.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/07/raiders-hold-onto-daniel-carlson/

Former Vikings offensive lineman Eric Moss has died, the team announced. He was 44. Moss never played in an NFL game but spent time with the Vikings in 1997 and ’98. He is the older half-brother of Hall of Fame receiver Randy Moss.

Eric Moss played college football at Ohio State. He played offensive guard for the Scottish Claymores in NFL Europe in 1999.

The Vikings extended their sympathy to Eric Moss’ family and friends.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/11/eric-moss-dies-at-the-age-of-44/