Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

16 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Then what does happen in that scenario?

You're neither right or wrong. I'm just curious what you think.

I likely would've sat Manziel a little longer than Teddy sat in 2014, and rode with Cassel until he absolutely needed to be pulled (looks like he got IR'd in week 3). Assuming Cassel gets hurt in this scenario that would mean Manziel would've gotten almost 3 FULL years (~45 games) to show he wasn't the guy. We'd have our 1st in 2017 and I likely would've selected DeShaun Watson.

*This assumes Manziel wouldn't have been much better in MN which I think is a safe assumption.

**Of course who knows what would've happened with Spielman and Zimmer if Manziel was the guy.

Edited by VikeManDan

I don't believe the Vikings ever seriously considered Manziel.  If it hadn't been Bridgewater, I believe they would have drafted Carr.  That whole situation was just the Spiels trolling the Browns again, as he has frequently done.  In the end, if the Browns had taken Bridgewater (as they should have), the Vikings would have drafted Carr and Manziel likely would have fallen into the 2nd round.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

Former NFL quarterback Wade Wilson, who spent 19 years in the league and many thereafter as a coach, has died. He was 60. An eighth-round pick of the Vikings in 1981, Wilson spent eleven years in Minnesota, one with the Falcons, two with the Saints, three with the Cowboys, and two with the Raiders.

Wilson won a Super Bowl ring as Troy Aikman’s backup in 1995. Seven years before that, Wilson led the Vikings to upset wins over the Saints and 49ers in the playoffs, before narrowly losing to Washington in the NFC title game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/01/wade-wilson-dies-at-60/

Edited by vike daddy

12 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

60 is young for a man to die, particularly an athlete.

Wilson was suspended in 2007 for using HGH, which he claimed was for his diabetes. 

If he was experimenting with various treatment options, you never know what effects those options may do to your body. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 6:26 AM, SemperFeist said:

Wade Wilson was probably a better coach than he was player. He was an extremely underrated QB coach. 

He was a better QB than Tommy Kramer as far as I was concerned. 

And playing 19 years as a QB in that era of football can certainly do a number on your body.  But, I guess we won't know what happened, unless it gets disclosed by the family.  It was a complete shock to me when I first heard about it, because I knew he hadn't even been out of coaching all that long.  

Edited by swede700

Over a week before the Bengals officially announced that they hired Zac Taylor as their new head coach, there was word that former Jaguars and Raiders head coach Jack Del Rio was in the running to be their defensive coordinator. The official announcement of Taylor’s hiring came on Monday and it was followed by a report that Del Rio was set to formally interview for the job this week, but it appears that won’t be happening.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Bengals and Del Rio have decided that a working relationship between them is not a “perfect fit.” Per the report, Del Rio and Taylor spoke to one another before reaching this conclusion. Del Rio is still being paid by the Raiders after being fired with three years left on his contract.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/05/report-jack-del-rio-bengals-decide-they-arent-a-perfect-fit/

Even as they paraded through Boston, the Patriots were starting work on their 2019 roster.

Defensive tackle David Parry made 32 starts for the Colts in 2015 and 2016 and picked up 78 tackles and four sacks during those campaigns. He failed to make the team the next year and landed on injured reserve with the Saints before surfacing to make three appearances with the Vikings last year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/06/patriots-sign-david-parry/

Washington and Adrian Peterson are “going back and forth on numbers” for a new deal, Peterson told Julie Donaldson of NBC Sports Washington on Thursday.

The sides are trying to figure out terms that work for both. But Peterson wants to return to Washington for 2019 and Washington wants Peterson to return for 2019, so they have a mutual interest in getting a deal done.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/07/adrian-peterson-washington-going-back-and-forth-on-numbers/