This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

10 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Bears now have the 1st and 5th picks of the draft. Before a lot of people had the Bears drafting a QB (Williams or Maye) and Marvin Harrison. As things stand right now, they might not be able to get both.

Their own schedule does open the door to some more wins, but I don't think the Cardinals and Patriots will go winless the rest of the season either.

...the Giants probably will. And the Rams might depending on if Stafford comes back or not. Both teams will want to take a QB as well so there's an outside shot they get Harrison.

Edited by Striker

11 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Bears now have the 1st and 5th picks of the draft. Before a lot of people had the Bears drafting a QB (Williams or Maye) and Marvin Harrison. As things stand right now, they might not be able to get both.

I'd be VERY surprised if Marvin Harrison Jr. managed to slip to 5.

On 11/10/2023 at 1:01 AM, Brat&Beer said:

I actually think the Bears will win a few more games with Fields and convince themselves that Fields is the guy. I say they go MHJ at 2 and OT with their pick. Carolina is going to win a few more games somewhere along the line. 

I still think Arizona winds up with the 1st pick and trades it because I don't think they can get out of the Murray deal without a ****load of dead money. Although they do have the cap space to take the nearly 30-million-dollar additional dead cap hit next year. It would be 81 million in dead money. 

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I actually think the Bears will win a few more games with Fields and convince themselves that Fields is the guy. I say they go MHJ at 2 and OT with their pick. Carolina is going to win a few more games somewhere along the line. 

I still think Arizona winds up with the 1st pick and trades it because I don't think they can get out of the Murray deal without a ****load of dead money. Although they do have the cap space to take the nearly 30-million-dollar additional dead cap hit next year. It would be 81 million in dead money. 

CHI is 100% trading out of a top 2 pick if they aren't going QB with that pick (which they 100% are)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So the Flus will be cut loose and I’d give damn good odds that Harbaugh becomes the next coach over in Chicago. It will be a pretty big moment for the franchise, theoretically having 2 top 5 picks and a bunch of cap space if they 86 some vets. They also will soon be moving out of the city and from Soldier Field so whatever transition they make, they will hope for a nice new start.

I hate Harbaough because he’s a loudmouth jerkface but he did help bring the 9ers back to prominence. I think he preferred the college game because he can have more sway with the players and he eventually lost some of his lockeroom in SF and probably got into it with ownership. He would  be an upgrade to what they have now, however low of a bar that may be. 

Tangential thought, would Eberflus make for a good DC in GB?

2 hours ago, Refugee said:

So the Flus will be cut loose and I’d give damn good odds that Harbaugh becomes the next coach over in Chicago. It will be a pretty big moment for the franchise, theoretically having 2 top 5 picks and a bunch of cap space if they 86 some vets. They also will soon be moving out of the city and from Soldier Field so whatever transition they make, they will hope for a nice new start.

I hate Harbaough because he’s a loudmouth jerkface but he did help bring the 9ers back to prominence. I think he preferred the college game because he can have more sway with the players and he eventually lost some of his lockeroom in SF and probably got into it with ownership. He would  be an upgrade to what they have now, however low of a bar that may be. 

Tangential thought, would Eberflus make for a good DC in GB?

Harbaugh has a problem with one of the top guys on the operations side in Chicago. Doubtful he goes there

1 hour ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Harbaugh has a problem with one of the top guys on the operations side in Chicago. Doubtful he goes there

Harbaugh has a problem with everyone. Goes with the territory of being an Ahole. Well see and no moves have been made on either side but I would not be surprised to see him in the NFL next year. 

I'm not convinced Harbaugh wants to leave Michigan.  Like the writing is on the wall that in 8-15 years (depending on how TV deal expirations line up) we're going to get a host of College Football Blue Bloods (including Michigan, but also like Ohio State, USC, Clemson,  FSU, Alabama, etc.) leave their conference to form a Superconference to get an NFL-sized media deal.

At this point they won't even need an NCAA.

13 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm not convinced Harbaugh wants to leave Michigan.  Like the writing is on the wall that in 8-15 years (depending on how TV deal expirations line up) we're going to get a host of College Football Blue Bloods (including Michigan, but also like Ohio State, USC, Clemson,  FSU, Alabama, etc.) leave their conference to form a Superconference to get an NFL-sized media deal.

At this point they won't even need an NCAA.

That is FAR from a sure thing. 

18 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

😀

It is good to be a Packer fan! Need the Bears to win a few more games so they don't change their minds. 

On the sanity side of things, what could they have seen that would give them such hope? Was it his one completion down the field that give them such false hope? 

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

😀

It is good to be a Packer fan! Need the Bears to win a few more games so they don't change their minds. 

On the sanity side of things, what could they have seen that would give them such hope? Was it his one completion down the field that give them such false hope? 

Right?! They don’t even trust him to throw down field. 

How many WR1s will Justin Fields need before he’s a passable QB? Seems like a gross misallocation of resources. 

I’m old enough to remember when Darnell Mooney was the truth. And when trading for DJ Moore was going to unlock Fields’ greatness. By all means, keep throwing bad money at bad money. 

4 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Idk if that's the best thing for us. If they get a competent young offense mind at HC, the draft capital they get from the Caleb Williams trade will be enormous. 

Ben Johnson with Fields, Moore and MHJ along with a ton of draft capital could potentially be scary. 

Fields can’t play