This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Can we stop turning every thread into This is Dumbass Talk please????

No one cares about what your personal beliefs are on a football forum, newsflash for the select few who continue to think that we do. 

I dunno, I find the 6th grade education opinions revealing and entertaining. 

Also gives me encouragement my elementary aged children can understand nuance and complexity more than many adults lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I dunno, I find the 6th grade education opinions revealing and entertaining. 

Also gives me encouragement my elementary aged children can understand nuance and complexity more than many adults lol

Color none of us here surprised with this take, but the rest of us don't care. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Color none of us here surprised with this take, but the rest of us don't care. 

Unfortunately I think all too many people are surprised to learn things are complex. More unfortunately, many many people are too stupid to ever recognize it and go their whole lives with binary and simplistic views about...just about everything. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Can we stop turning every thread into This is Dumbass Talk please????

I mean the thing is- "casual sexism" (e.g.. "all these hoes be goldiggers") is pretty off-putting to see on a football forum.

It's needlessly antagonistic to imply that women (or men) are servants to biological impulses, and not, you know,  "people who can make choices for a variety of reasons."

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean the thing is- "casual sexism" (e.g.. "all these hoes be goldiggers") is pretty off-putting to see on a football forum.

It's needlessly antagonistic to imply that women (or men) are servants to biological impulses, and not, you know,  "people who can make choices for a variety of reasons."

Funny how mods only show up when the discussion goes against « conservatives values ». Politics, gun control, women, etc. 

« women are all gold diggers » not a peep

« I disagree, here’s why » alright boys let’s stick to football.

Must be a coincidence and not at all because of a bias of opinion. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I saw that in a different thread. Completely tragic while he had just realized his dream of becoming a pro. Insane how fragile this whole existence is, don’t take it for granted. I hope his family can find peace but there’s no way to make sense of something like this. 

So, anyone more familiar with Jackson, and/or Minnesota's roster know where he slated in the DB pecking order?

I am sure that I picked him in some of my draft sims, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.  I use those to see what happens if I take a running back in the first or some other off the wall scenario, just to see what I am left with if the actual preferred players don't land where we want them to.  

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So, anyone more familiar with Jackson, and/or Minnesota's roster know where he slated in the DB pecking order?

It's specifically hard to say with the Vikings since the biggest names in their secondary are million-year-old Harrison Smith, and then reclamation projects on Shaq Griffin and Byron Murphy Jr.  He was going to be in the mix as a reserve CB since they have a bunch of mid-round guys who they hoped would turn into something.

But the Vikings defense is going to be the achilles heel for that team, since they just don't have the personnel there.

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It's specifically hard to say with the Vikings since the biggest names in their secondary are million-year-old Harrison Smith, and then reclamation projects on Shaq Griffin and Byron Murphy Jr.  He was going to be in the mix as a reserve CB since they have a bunch of mid-round guys who they hoped would turn into something.

But the Vikings defense is going to be the achilles heel for that team, since they just don't have the personnel there.

Sam Darnold is still the quarterback, isn't he? 

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Sam Darnold is still the quarterback, isn't he? 

Sure, but they have enough pieces on offense that a replacement level NFL QB won' t be terrible.  That was a defense that dropped 8 or sent 7 on every play, more or less, since they couldn't cover or rush with the normal number of players.  They made like 5 draft picks, so that hasn't gotten a lot better.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Sure, but they have enough pieces on offense that a replacement level NFL QB won' t be terrible.  That was a defense that dropped 8 or sent 7 on every play, more or less, since they couldn't cover or rush with the normal number of players.  They made like 5 draft picks, so that hasn't gotten a lot better.

We're talking about Sam Darnold. He's the weak link on that team, for sure. Not saying they won't suck on defense, but Sam Darnold. 

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

We're talking about Sam Darnold. He's the weak link on that team, for sure. Not saying they won't suck on defense, but Sam Darnold. 

It's super hard to judge a dude who spent almost his "whole" career with the Jets and Panthers. He went 4-2 with the Panthers in 2022 while Baker Mayfield went 1-5. Mayfield then left the Panthers, made the ProBowl, and won playoff game last year. 🤷‍♀️ It's still Sam Darnold and #allquarterbackssuck but crazier things have happened.