This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

The one thing that may actually do him is if the owners are pissed about this. 

8 days after your teammate dies in a car wreck, you getting blackout drunk and blocking a freeway off ramp is going to get some people mad and wondering WTF is wrong with you. 

50 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The one thing that may actually do him is if the owners are pissed about this. 

8 days after your teammate dies in a car wreck, you getting blackout drunk and blocking a freeway off ramp is going to get some people mad and wondering WTF is wrong with you. 

Everybody should be pissed off at this kid being an idiot. The kid obviously needs to learn a hard lesson on driving and especially driving when intoxicated. 

Given how well he played last year, I'd venture to guess, he's not going anywhere. The league may step in and suspend him for a few games, which they should. I don't see the owner having the balls to release the kid. If he did, teams would be lining up to pick him up. 

It's the sad reality of a multi-billion-dollar industry. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

From what I see nothing has happened to Rasheee. It may be early in the process also.

Let's also hope/pray this doesn't happen. 

Well no but if Jordan starts crashing into **** and fleeing the scene then it's a conversation about whether to move on or not.  If it's not a real story, nobody and nothing are actually harmed a 1st rounder isn't getting cut, was more the point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Well no but if Jordan starts crashing into **** and fleeing the scene then it's a conversation about whether to move on or not.  If it's not a real story, nobody and nothing are actually harmed a 1st rounder isn't getting cut, was more the point.

Am I right in thinking the NFL is still determining if any punishment comes Rice's way or is it a closed case, move on? 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Am I right in thinking the NFL is still determining if any punishment comes Rice's way or is it a closed case, move on? 

The NFL generally wants the civilian legal process to play out before they administer any punishment in cases like this.  So, like, you can give a guy time served on a suspension while he's in prison.  Rashee Rice's court date is in December, so he might be on the field week 1.

Of course the "Commissioner's Exempt List" exists for situations where the legal process is still playing out, but it's inconvenient for PR reasons to have this guy getting celebrated on TV for playing football well.  Anybody can be put on that at any time.

59 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

FWIW Vikings are at Lambeau Week 4. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to whether he'll be eligible to play?

I doubt he would get 4 games for being a knucklehead.  It is very irresponsible, and insensitive, considering what happened just last week to his teammate.  Unless the league/Vikings take a zero tolerance policy, he shouldn't miss much time, if any.  There are guys with far worse on their record than sleeping in a car.

With any luck, the Caleb Williams contract negotiations will bleed into their preseason. I guess he’s been vocal about “letting my people” handle the negotiations which is technically against the NFLPA agreement that says if a player represents themselves without an agent, they need to be the sole negotiator in those contracts. Doubt it amounts to any punishment but to the letter of the agreement it is out of bounds. 

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I doubt he would get 4 games for being a knucklehead.  It is very irresponsible, and insensitive, considering what happened just last week to his teammate.  Unless the league/Vikings take a zero tolerance policy, he shouldn't miss much time, if any.  There are guys with far worse on their record than sleeping in a car.

Getting a DUI one year after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor for driving 140 MPH might get their attention though. Probably not 4 games, but a suspension is possible. Someone needs to take away his car keys and install an Uber app on his phone.

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Given how well he played last year, I'd venture to guess, he's not going anywhere. The league may step in and suspend him for a few games, which they should. I don't see the owner having the balls to release the kid. If he did, teams would be lining up to pick him up. 

In his rookie season Jordan Addison managed 70/911/2 over 17 games.  In 2012 in his rookie season, Justin Blackmon managed 64/865/5 over 16 games.  Justin Blackmon got suspended 4 games for a regular DUI, then he got hurt, got in trouble for violating the terms of the substance abuse program which cost him the rest of his 2nd year, in the offseason he got pulled over for weed and we haven't seen him in the NFL since.

36 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

In his rookie season Jordan Addison managed 70/911/2 over 17 games.  In 2012 in his rookie season, Justin Blackmon managed 64/865/5 over 16 games.  Justin Blackmon got suspended 4 games for a regular DUI, then he got hurt, got in trouble for violating the terms of the substance abuse program which cost him the rest of his 2nd year, in the offseason he got pulled over for weed and we haven't seen him in the NFL since.

He Gordon'd himself back when weed was super duper bad. Don't fail the substance abuse program and you're fine.

The DUI didn't ban Blackmon from the league. Being an "addict" did.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Refugee said:

With any luck, the Caleb Williams contract negotiations will bleed into their preseason. I guess he’s been vocal about “letting my people” handle the negotiations which is technically against the NFLPA agreement that says if a player represents themselves without an agent, they need to be the sole negotiator in those contracts. Doubt it amounts to any punishment but to the letter of the agreement it is out of bounds. 

There is so many conditions and lines in a contract with interpretations that might mean something different than you think I would trust “my people or myself” to negotiate a multi million dollar contract. Bears could slip verbiage that voids bonus money or something similar not that’s want to piss off their QB of the future by why wouldn’t you?

7 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

There is so many conditions and lines in a contract with interpretations that might mean something different than you think I would trust “my people or myself” to negotiate a multi million dollar contract. Bears could slip verbiage that voids bonus money or something similar not that’s want to piss off their QB of the future by why wouldn’t you?

I'm no lawyer and don't even pretend to be one on TV, but the rookie FRPs contacts are all guaranteed. The #1 overall is certainly all guaranteed money. 

This all changed when they put the rookie caps in place. The money is slotted by pick and teams are allocated money by # of picks. 

Go and look at the FRPs whose contracts have not run out. They made these changes to avoid rookie holdouts. 

This should not be a tough deal to get signed. If Williams team is holding this up, it's a clear sign of things to come. His biggest obstacle is thinking he's that dude before he proves he's that dude. It would not shock me if he became a player his teammates could not stand. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I'm no lawyer and don't even pretend to be one on TV, but the rookie FRPs contacts are all guaranteed. The #1 overall is certainly all guaranteed money. 

This all changed when they put the rookie caps in place. The money is slotted by pick and teams are allocated money by # of picks. 

Go and look at the FRPs whose contracts have not run out. They made these changes to avoid rookie holdouts. 

This should not be a tough deal to get signed. If Williams team is holding this up, it's a clear sign of things to come. His biggest obstacle is thinking he's that dude before he proves he's that dude. It would not shock me if he became a player his teammates could not stand. 

The issue I’m bringing up is that Williams is operating without an agent. Of course he has a team of people, it would be insane not to with that many zeros on the deal but he is supposed to be the sole negotiating party if he doesn’t have an agent according to the agreements made between NFLPA and NFL. Saying his team is handling the talks goes against that. Now, will anyone actually pursue that as a transgression? Probably not. 

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

The issue I’m bringing up is that Williams is operating without an agent. Of course he has a team of people, it would be insane not to with that many zeros on the deal but he is supposed to be the sole negotiating party if he doesn’t have an agent according to the agreements made between NFLPA and NFL. Saying his team is handling the talks goes against that. Now, will anyone actually pursue that as a transgression? Probably not. 

Isn't Lamar's mom his unofficial agent?