This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't disagree.  But looking at the Broncos roster, they have Bo Nix, Zach Wilson, and Jarrett Stidham. Wilson makes 2.7 million and Stidham makes 7 million with only a 2 million dead hit.  So, if they were to go with 2 QBs, my guess is they go Wilson-Nix.  I don't think that Wilson will be available until the next offseason.

It looks to me like Stidham is going to be the starter out of the gate. 

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Guys like Heinecke, Huntley, DTR, etc. are more likely to get a 53 man spot than the Packers' PS.

Correct.  I was examining outside QBs that will probably be available IF we go two and someone really wants to take our PS guy.  Say we keep Love and Pratt, and Clifford signs with the Dolphins.  Then Pratt breaks his arm in practice, who is available now? Most likely scenario is that either Clifford or Pratt will make it through waivers and will be signed to the Packers practice squad, if they don't just keep all 3 in the first place.  

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Correct.  I was examining outside QBs that will probably be available IF we go two and someone really wants to take our PS guy.  Say we keep Love and Pratt, and Clifford signs with the Dolphins.  Then Pratt breaks his arm in practice, who is available now? Most likely scenario is that either Clifford or Pratt will make it through waivers and will be signed to the Packers practice squad, if they don't just keep all 3 in the first place.  

Eason?  My guess is that if they're down a season-ending to their guy and their PS gets poached they'll look for a veteran arm.  If it's just a short-term duration, Eason likely gets the call since he's been in camp.

15 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't disagree.  But looking at the Broncos roster, they have Bo Nix, Zach Wilson, and Jarrett Stidham. Wilson makes 2.7 million and Stidham makes 7 million with only a 2 million dead hit.  So, if they were to go with 2 QBs, my guess is they go Wilson-Nix.  I don't think that Wilson will be available until the next offseason.

I think there's a better chance of Zach Wilson not making the roster than there is of Wilson being a top 2 QB on the Broncos' depth chart.  Stidham might be the starting QB for now, but he's keeping the seat warm for Bo Nix.

21 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Kurt benkert on line 2

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

It looks to me like Stidham is going to be the starter out of the gate. 

We'll see. Nix led offense to 4 scoring drives in his debut. Payton has already said Nix will start the next game. Lotta ballgame left.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Just had a quick look at the Lions vs Giants highlights. Our fellow Lions did not look very good at all - and had numerous injuries after the game.

Preseason should be a judged on a player to player basis and not a team basis. Who on the Lions played poorly? Are they going to start or be major contributors? Frankly doesn't matter if a bunch of 2s and 3s get their ***** kicked. Preseason Wins/Losses mean less than nothing.

17 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Ill believe theyre even contemplating keeping just two when Pratt starts gettung anything near consistent 2nd team reps.. From the guys who have been at every practice it sure sounds like Cliffords still going to be that guy this year. Theres a good amount of QB room stuff we cant see as well. I know this forum isnt a big red dog lovers but i think the staff will feel much more comfy having Pratt as a healthy scratch keeping all 3.

24 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Preseason should be a judged on a player to player basis and not a team basis. Who on the Lions played poorly? Are they going to start or be major contributors? Frankly doesn't matter if a bunch of 2s and 3s get their ***** kicked. Preseason Wins/Losses mean less than nothing.

Their secondary is going to be pretty bad again if Ennis/Arnold dont step up. Already lost one of their main reinforcements in Moseley.

Its all about if Goff can continue carrying them. They got a real nice OL so its really just on him to make the throws.

Shouldnt be much of a gap between GB and them this year.

Edited by HighCalebR

13 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Ill believe theyre even contemplating keeping just two when Pratt starts gettung anything near consistent 2nd team reps.. From the guys who have been at every practice it sure sounds like Cliffords still going to be that guy this year. Theres a good amount of QB room stuff we cant see as well. I know this forum isnt a big red dog lovers but i think the staff will feel much more comfy having Pratt as a healthy scratch keeping all 3.

My question is, why would the staff have any comfort in thinking Clifford could get them out of a game, much less win one? 

If you are going to gamble with no real backup quarterback, gamble with the one with some potential upside. 

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

My question is, why would the staff have any comfort in thinking Clifford could get them out of a game, much less win one? 

If you are going to gamble with no real backup quarterback, gamble with the one with some potential upside. 

Donno, I dont have all the info they do. They were more than comfy with Clifford as a rookie, I dont think thats changed after another year and they didnt bring in a vet to compete. Its about getting Love ready and maybe Cliffords really good with that and other practice habits.

But from what Ive seen/heard theres nothing to indicate Pratts jumping him. Its not like things were super pretty when he was running 2nd team before Love got back. He completed some passes vs 3rd string and grocery baggers. Maybe slow the Pratt hype train is all.

They did feel good enough about Clifford to take him 2 rounds higher than they ended up taking Pratt.

Edited by HighCalebR

27 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

They were more than comfy with Clifford as a rookie, I dont think thats changed after another year and they didnt bring in a vet to compete. Its about getting Love ready and maybe Cliffords really good with that and other practice habits.

They did feel good enough about Clifford to take him 2 rounds higher than they ended up taking Pratt.

This could have been due to the low expectations as a team last year with Love being a first-year starter. The expectations this year are through the roof.

Fair point on where they were drafted. 

I've been on record saying get a vet back-up and put Pratt on the practice squad. I'd take Tannehill if we could get him cheap enough. 

52 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Their secondary is going to be pretty bad again if Ennis/Arnold dont step up. Already lost one of their main reinforcements in Moseley.

Its all about if Goff can continue carrying them. They got a real nice OL so its really just on him to make the throws.

Shouldnt be much of a gap between GB and them this year.

Agree .. also thinking back to last year's game in Detroit where GB absolutely kicked their behind.  If this new defense gells and the OL gets straightened out; BOOM!