This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

14 minutes ago, WaitWhat said:

Watt has a tibial plateau fracture. Had to look that up, affects the knee joint, stability and motion. 

Well that isn’t good. 

This is the injury Cobb had at one point on a hit to his knee.  I believe he returned after 6 games.

9 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Apparently JJ is already ruled out for the season per NFL.com.

Seems worse (initially) than RC's...ugh

Depends if it's a displaced fx. Watt is most likely getting surgery and he's going to be non weight-bearing for a good amount of time 

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

we get Minnesota on a short week too.

Gonna be nice riding a 5 game win streak into the bye.

Thought that very same thing after the game yesterday.  Minnesota road game on Monday night vs a team of mini bye type rest.  Tough break for them

1 minute ago, tfalkgopack said:

Depends if it's a displaced fx. Watt is most likely getting surgery and he's going to be non weight-bearing for a good amount of time 

Agreed.  Displaced vs not, and if the fracture affects the articular cartilage alignment /integrity.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Something clearly popped on the X-ray since they took him to an MRI at hospital immediately. Does that narrow options at all?

Could, but without seeing the x-rays it's all speculation.  The way Watt was so limited in weight bearing on it, I get the feeling there is some displacement.

My first thought on seeing how it happened  was quad tendon tear or patellar tendon tear.  Those could still be options as well.  Neither of those show up on x-rays. 

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Could, but without seeing the x-rays it's all speculation.  The way Watt was so limited in weight bearing on it, I get the feeling there is some displacement.

My first thought on seeing how it happened  was quad tendon tear or patellar tendon tear.  Those could still be options as well.  Neither of those show up on x-rays. 

Ugh. This sucks. Great player and a good person too. Franchise changing injury potentially. Those are the worst.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Ugh. This sucks. Great player and a good person too. Franchise changing injury potentially. Those are the worst.

Bones will heal well.  He is racking up an impressive list of injuries 

Elbow (discolation I think)

Back surgery

Tibial plateau fracture

Lots of games missed and a big contract with it.  

Agreed on the great player and person.  Uses his platform very well for right things.