This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

12 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

The entire NFL, fans, teams, everyone outside of minnesota has overlooked Thielen to varying degrees.  I expect Diggs to start tearing it up the rest of the way; he's healthier every week and Thielen is drawing some real attention finally.

Wasn't directed at you BTW. I had no actual idea who said it. I was more mad we did a mock off-season game and Adam was my third wr and people **** on him the entire time. I was sad.

I'm a Thielan nut job though. I was talking about him after one preseason game, not sure what year. But it was on locally and he stood out and I just stuck with him.

Edited by NormSizedMidget

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Wasn't directed at you BTW. I had no actual idea who said it. I was more mad we did a mock off-season game and Adam was my third wr and people **** on him the entire time. I was sad.

Think we both clearly have been and remain on the same side of thielen/diggs/minny WRs being legit good.  Those were all from page 15-20 of this thread, and there's plenty of other examples.

I tend to get a little carried away that other teams' WRs would look like Antonio Brown and Marvin Harrison in G&G with Rodgers though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Notable Vikings 2018 free agents:

Case Keenum
Tom Johnson
Sam Bradford
Sharif Floyd
Marcus Sherels
Jerick McKinnon

Notable Lions 2018 free agents:

Haloti Ngata
Ezekiel Ansah
Tahir Whitehead

Notable Bears 2018 free agents:

Prince Amukamora
Zach Miller
Dontrel Inman
Kyle Fuller
Kendall Wright

Notable Packers 2018 free agents:

Morgan Burnett
Davon House
Davante Adams
Dickrod
Corey Linsley
Jeff Janis

I feel like the Vikings are in the worst position in the division.  They're going to have to overspend on Keenum or Bradford or they're stuck with Teddy Bridgewater next year.  It seems like even when good things happen with their QB situation, it's a bad thing.  Keenum's performance is pricing him out of Minnesota.  It's not about the money for Minnesota since they have plenty, but it's about committing to one QB when they have three options.  It's pretty clear Bradford is out considering his injury history.  That's a waste of a first round pick, and a first round pick that the Eagles used on Derek Barnett.  Keenum is 29 years old and is probably going to want a multi-year deal.  Bridgewater is not a franchise QB.

I think I want them to let Keenum go and revert back to Bridgewater.  I feel like Keenum makes them the most dangerous team. 

Sharrif Floyd's career is likely over. He damaged a nerve while undergoing surgery, basically his quad isn't firing. MN moved on and drafted Jaleel Johnson. Shamar Stephen is also a free agent and was omitted from your list. He plays a lot in base. Tom Johnson has been really good this year, definitely someone that MN will want to bring back, but he's on the older side so maybe a 2 year deal.

The QB situation is so unknown right now. I think Bradford is done in MN and I can't see him getting much in free agency given the condition of his knee. 

Best case would be to keep Keenum and Teddy and let them compete. Unfortunately, I could see both players wanting a "Mike Glennon" contract. Cap space won't be an issue for MN, but how much can MN afford to spend at QB with contracts for Barr, Kendricks, Hunter, and Diggs soon coming due. Thielen has also significantly outperformed his contract (only $4m cap hit the next couple years).

if Keenum finishes the year as the starter, hard not to see him being the priority. He's only 29 so he could be viable while MN drafts/develops a rookie.

Sherels isn't going anywhere and he should be cheap. 

McKinnon probably walks. Cook and Murray are the top two next year with MN looking for RB3 in the draft.

The Vikes don't have many pressing needs. Could use a new RG since Berger probably retires, the rest of the OL is set. 3T UT is also a need, unless Johnson and Stephen are both resigned. Cornerback is also debatable, not sure that Trae Waynes is part of the future given all the contract extensions MN will have to pay out in the next couple of years.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

GB wouldn't beat Minnesota this year even with Rodgers. 

It was 7-0 in the second quarter and Hundley threw three interceptions.  If you think we wouldn't have beaten them in Minnesota if Rodgers finished that game, you're out of your mind.  We'll see what the Vikings are made of once they start playing teams.  I forgot something before and after teams.  Good, and in the playoffs.  We'll see what the Vikings are once they start playing good teams in the playoffs.  They're the best candidate for a one and done bye winner since the Cowboys of last year. 

...Hundley was able to tie the game at 7 midway through the second quarter. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith

25 minutes ago, WaitWhat said:

Dak is having his confidence shattered week by week without Zeke. He looks atrocious. 

Well, maybe if Zeke stopped groping/hitting women, he'd still have his centerpiece to mask his deficiencies. 

AKA the real RotY last year.

Edited by KManX89

17 hours ago, WaitWhat said:

Packers absolutely would beat them with Rodgers. Would be a close game but they’d win at least one of the two games.

Anyways, now Stafford went down. Limping heavily walking off the field. Vikings coming for ALL the NFC North QB’s.

IMO the main reason why the Lions lost yesterday was because Stafford didn't play well even before his ankle got rolled on.

23 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Well, maybe if Zeke stopped groping/hitting women, he'd still have his centerpiece to mask his deficiencies. 

AKA the real RotY last year.

Oh I agree. Zeke is a POS. Just find it somewhat funny how badly Dak is struggling.  Even last season I didn’t think he was anything special. Also didn’t think he would look this bad without his security blanket to hand off to.