This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

So, first 2 years are guaranteed for Jeffery, with 2nd 2 years he faces a 3M and 1.5M dead cap charge respectively.

He counts 9.25 against the cap in 2018, and 13.25 in 2019.  

I would take that for Davante, who is probably the better receiver and doesn't have the injury concerns that Alshon had over his career.

I expect Davante will get more though when all is said and done.

47 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

So, first 2 years are guaranteed for Jeffery, with 2nd 2 years he faces a 3M and 1.5M dead cap charge respectively.

He counts 9.25 against the cap in 2018, and 13.25 in 2019.  

I would take that for Davante, who is probably the better receiver and doesn't have the injury concerns that Alshon had over his career.

I expect Davante will get more though when all is said and done.

Alshon has a prior suspension for some PED/substance violation as well

Alshon Jeffery also is a 6-3 receiver who ran a 4.48 with a two season stretch where he had 85 receptions, 1,421 then 1,100 yards, 7 TD and 10 TD with Jay Cutler throwing him the ball.

Davante hasn't had a 1,000 yard season with Rodgers. 

They're completely different situations I think.  The only thing this does to Davante is remove one receiver from free agency. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2017 at 10:14 AM, squire12 said:

How does the Alshon Jeffery contract affect Adams market?

Reported 4 year extension for $52M with $27 M guaranteed. 

Probably elevates his market, but I don't think Adams will demand Jeffrey money.  Remember, Jeffrey settled on a 1 year deal after his market was softer than he thought it'd be.  I think there's genuine interest by both the Packers and Adams to remain in Green Bay.  I think the 4 year, $45M deal that the Chargers signed Keenan Allen to is where the Packers should realistically target to re-sign Adams.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Probably elevates his market, but I don't think Adams will demand Jeffrey money.  Remember, Jeffrey settled on a 1 year deal after his market was softer than he thought it'd be.  I think there's genuine interest by both the Packers and Adams to remain in Green Bay.  I think the 4 year, $45M deal that the Chargers signed Keenan Allen to is where the Packers should realistically target to re-sign Adams.

Jeffery was coming off a suspension and some poorer play.

I think the contract of both Jeffery and Allen are going to be pretty comparable to Adams' in the end.  Somewhere in the 4 year for $45-50M range

Before anybody starts worrying about the Vikings making it to the Super Bowl, just remember to ask yourself the last time a QB with zero playoff experience managed to go to the Super Bowl in his first post season. 

I'd be much more concerned about the Seahawks, Saints and Panthers. 

But seriously... The Rams, Eagles and Vikings all going to the playoffs makes me want to sneak in more than any other year.  There isn't a single Packer killer team in that bunch. 

Eagles got no damn experience, and I'll get made fun of for saying the Packers could be an inexperienced Eagles team.  Just exactly like I got made fun of last year for saying the same damn thing about the Cowboys.  Remember that? 

Vikings are the Vikings.  Aaron Rodgers?  In a dome?  In the playoffs?  Against a team that made him miss half the year?  Please.

Rams with no damn experience versus Rodgers. 

Panthers, Saints and Falcons are the only teams I wouldn't feel confident playing against in the playoffs from the NFC. 

This is all going to be rendered moot once McCarthy sucks against the Browns next week, but whatever.  Don't bet money on the Vikings making it to the playoffs.  They're the best one and done candidate in football this year.