Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

52 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Posted this in the wrong thread:

Wonder if Francola notices that Lindor and Santana are batting .214 and .180, respectively, and even worse with RISP.

Ya, those would be my choices for the 3 and 4 holes.

And also wonder what leads him to believe that Hand still should be the closer?

Well Santana stats are completely skewed. No one is pitching to Carlos because their are no threats behind him. Dude is being walked currently at a 30% rate Or something crazy like that. Which is insane and is a drastic difference compared to his career clip. Which I believe is somewhere between 15-20%. So teams are not throwing him anything good. So if he is batting with RISP. He isn’t getting anything to hit. Hence why had had a crazy OBP with a pretty poor avg. 

Truly would like to see Santana moved up into the order and Make pitchers throw to him. If not, he will have at least a bat that could move him  

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Beiber making a run for cy young and mvp 

He is leading candidate for both so far if he keeps this up. Dude is pitching unreal! 

“Bieber (4-0, 1.30) has 54 strikeouts in 34 2/3 innings in his first five starts of the season. He’s averaging 14 strikeouts per nine innings.

The 54 strikeouts are the most in team history after the first five starts of the season. They are tied for the third most in the big leagues since 1906 behind Nolan Ryan at 59 and Randy Johnson with 55. Bieber is tied with Ryan and Pedro Martinez.

In seven innings, Bieber used every pitch in his arsenal. He threw 26 curves, 25 four-season fastballs, 21 cutters, 17 sliders and nine changeups. He pitched between 95.6 mph and 81.3 mph, according to baseball savant.com

“He has the ability to throw any pitch at any spot in the count,” said manager Terry Francona. “He’s got enough fastball to get it by you. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this with a pitcher. He’s got a curveball and slider that are almost the identical speed, they just have a different break.”

On 8/16/2020 at 10:24 PM, candyman93 said:

Pirates are the worst team in baseball and we own the Tigers.

We really lucked out with the schedule.

We end the season with a 3 game series with the Pirates, too.

Could matter if we are in the hunt for a playoff spot.