Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

2 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

One of the best players in franchise history may have had his final game tonight.  Love that we surrounded him and JRam with a bunch of guys hovering the Mendoza line.  Helluva season to the Dolan's, they must be so excited to ditch Lindor.  Pocket that cash. 

But hey man! It’s the fans fault!!111!!

**** Dolan and the fans that defend him.

Edited by candyman93

Here’s what we accomplished with Jose Ramirez and Francisco Lindor

2016: Lost WS after blowing 3-1 lead (& ruined the world)

2017: Ended season on 33-4 run, knocked out in 1st round

2018: Knocked out in 1st round

2019: Missed playoffs

2020: Knocked out in 1st round

You can’t convince anybody with brain cells that the Tribe would have done better if fans showed up to more games. You’re a clown if you believe that.

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Here’s what we accomplished with Jose Ramirez and Francisco Lindor

2016: Lost WS after blowing 3-1 lead (& ruined the world)

2017: Ended season on 33-4 run, knocked out in 1st round

2018: Knocked out in 1st round

2019: Missed playoffs

2020: Knocked out in 1st round

You can’t convince anybody with brain cells that the Tribe would have done better if fans showed up to more games. You’re a clown if you believe that.

I believe the Tribe would have done better if we traded for a couple of decent bats for the arms that we gave up and the return of prospects we got instead. Prospects and the future is great when you're a "small market" team, but at some point, you need to be buyers at the deadline. Instead, we traded Kluber and Sunshine for a bunch of guys who will probably be able to help us in 2022 and beyond.

7 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

What does "WAR heroes" mean?  Wondering what exactly you mean about Lindor.  

I’ve mentioned awhile ago that he’s not a $350 million dollar player. Buno brought up war and how that makes him worth the money. After this season and post season I’ve just had it with his inability to carry a team so I’ve dubbed him the WAR hero. I may call him the war machine though. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I believe the Tribe would have done better if we traded for a couple of decent bats for the arms that we gave up and the return of prospects we got instead. Prospects and the future is great when you're a "small market" team, but at some point, you need to be buyers at the deadline. Instead, we traded Kluber and Sunshine for a bunch of guys who will probably be able to help us in 2022 and beyond.

I was angry about the Clevinger trade because we didn’t get a bonafide major league hitter. Normally I’m all for minor league talent to keep a pipeline of players. But with the pitching (evidently theoretical) we have I wanted to be all in this year. 

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Unfortunately I’m starting to get really nervous that he’s gone. 

Maybe he’ll take a front office role or something that he’s still in the organization just in case he decides he wants to try coaching again. 

The scary thing is there’s no reliable coaches in the pipeline. We’d have to hire from outside and that’s a huge risk. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Are we seriously going to blame coaching for the lack of bats in our offense or the refusal to open up the pocket books? This is egregious...

Baseball isnt the NFL or NBA, there is nothing a coach can do in baseball to get their hitters to hit the ball. They cant 'scheme' runs on the board.