Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

36 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Lindor is ON FIRE. He'll fetch a nice trade about 2 years from today. Thanks Dolans...

If the Tribe goes full rebuild, I do legitimately wonder what Lindor would fetch right now.

I mean, they could probably get 2+ young starters and multiple high prospects.

It'll never happen because of the PR hit, but it would be a ballsy way to start a rebuild that wouldn't have them wallowing for multiple years.

Just now, ReggieCamp said:

If the Tribe goes full rebuild, I do legitimately wonder what Lindor would fetch right now.

I've thought the same to be honest. I think that he fetches A LOT, but those guys we'd get in return we'd have 5-6 years of control on, so it doesn't make as much sense from a contract perspective NOW to only add 2-3 years of control to a hot young prospect.

I think that you're looking at one of the biggest trades in this league in a LONG time TBH. Especially if it's towards the deadline and Boston continues to nip at the heels of the Yankees or another contender with a loaded farm system wants him, is in contention, and has 2+ years left of control. You're looking at adding one of the best players in baseball AND having him at a bargain the next couple years, and flipping him and essentially recouping your entire trade from a few years before.

It'll never happen because of the PR hit, but it would be a ballsy way to start a rebuild that wouldn't have them wallowing for multiple years.

Oh, the Dolans would be getting death threats. If they think ticket and merchandise sales are down now, they'll Rachel Phelps this thing.

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's honestly a neverending cycle. This is why I was so upset in 2016 and 2017. We had our 2 year window and missed. We'll try again in about 2021 or 2022 I'd imagine. 

Thome Vizquel Alomar Ramirez

then

Colon (GREAT TRADE) that netted us

Sizemore, Lee, Brandon Phillips (good job trading him too soon)

then

LaPorta for CC and some dudes for Lee

then

...we will sell Lindor, Jose, and probably Bauer/maybe even Hand and some others

Wash, Rinse, Repeat

Yep.

Seen it too many times to really invest much in the team anymore tbh.

50 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Can’t be a worse PR hit than laughing at his worth and telling fans to enjoy him while we have him. 

58 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Can’t just say some dude for Lee.

I can say whatever I want.

58 minutes ago, buno67 said:

We did get Cookie out of that deal

Yeah, Carrasco, he's OK. That centerpiece and "likely heir apparent" to Victor Martinez Lou Marson was a STUD, as was SS Jason Donald. 

Go sell that crap to someone else who actually doesn't know more than you do about baseball.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I can say whatever I want.

Yeah, Carrasco, he's OK. That centerpiece and "likely heir apparent" to Victor Martinez Lou Marson was a STUD, as was SS Jason Donald. 

Go sell that crap to someone else who actually doesn't know more than you do about baseball.

Who pissed in your Wheaties? Just saying the Lee trade did land us a cy young level pitcher. The player that performed the best from that trade might not have been the key piece. 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Who pissed in your Wheaties?

Wheaties are empty carbs. Real men eat bacon and eggs.

Just saying the Lee trade did land us a cy young level pitcher.

LOL. Coco has to stay healthy first.

The player that performed the best from that trade might not have been the key piece. 

Still got pennies on the dollar in that trade.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Something that I advocated weeks ago.  It would definitely fast forward our rebuild.  I hope that the club is at least scouting the farm systems of teams that could use an upgrade at SS (which would be darn near every team in the league when referring to Frankie Lindor).  Due diligence.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’m not a fan of the media, but somebody needs to go after Tito about continuing to play Kipnis.

At cleanup, no less.

Oh well, I suppose even he is better than Bauers.

Whatever happened to the Mendoza Line?

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

At cleanup, no less.

Oh well, I suppose even he is better than Bauers.

Whatever happened to the Mendoza Line?

Well, I did a little research.  You know.  Teacher.  Summer 'vacation.'  I've got that kind of time.

The last year that Mendoza was a regular, and hit below his beloved line was 1979 (coincidently, the summer after my sophomore year in high school.)

Image result for shut up gif

AND

Image result for get off my lawn gif

Based upon the formula at this website, $1 1979 dollar has the buying power of $3.52 in 2019.  An increase of 251.99%.  Therefore, the Mendoza line for 2019 has been adjusted to the following:

Oh, who in the hell am I fooling.  Kipnis sucks.  The Indians suck.  I'm old.  I've got too many weeds in my garden, I've got too damn much yard to deal with anymore, and I'm spending my time here with this glorified mumbo jumbo CRAP.  

Antonetti, Chernoff.....You better be doing your due diligence on fixing this situation.  This club is taking on more water than the Titanic, and the food service at the Jake (no Progressive Field for me) is serving nothing but iceberg lettuce on the walking tacos.

Y'all have a great weekend!  

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Well, I did a little research.  You know.  Teacher.  Summer 'vacation.'  I've got that kind of time.

The last year that Mendoza was a regular, and hit below his beloved line was 1979 (coincidently, the summer after my sophomore year in high school.)

Image result for shut up gif

AND

Image result for get off my lawn gif

Based upon the formula at this website, $1 1979 dollar has the buying power of $3.52 in 2019.  An increase of 251.99%.  Therefore, the Mendoza line for 2019 has been adjusted to the following:

Oh, who in the hell am I fooling.  Kipnis sucks.  The Indians suck.  I'm old.  I've got too many weeds in my garden, I've got too damn much yard to deal with anymore, and I'm spending my time here with this glorified mumbo jumbo CRAP.  

Antonetti, Chernoff.....You better be doing your due diligence on fixing this situation.  This club is taking on more water than the Titanic, and the food service at the Jake (no Progressive Field for me) is serving nothing but iceberg lettuce on the walking tacos.

Y'all have a great weekend!  

You were in high school before I was born.

and this is my beard  

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
It left out my photo.... but there was a lot of grey hair.
  • Like 1