Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

39 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Who would you guys feel more confident in....TY Hilton or Emmanuel Sanders ROS? Gonna have to role with one in my Flex spot. 

I need to see how Oakland's defense looks tonight.

I've been bullish on Sanders all off season, and obviously he did nothing to dispel that in week 1. That being said, I was encouraged by Hilton and the Colts in week 1. He still managed 11 targets, and it's not like that Bengals secondary is a joke. Their corners are pretty solid. Right now, I like the matchup for Sanders a little bit more (Raiders v Washington, which did a very good job in completely limiting Arizona), but again, maybe that Raiders defense is better than I thought.

With top waiver priority, is there anyone you would be targeting that would be worth giving that up? I tend not to play the waiver game in week 1 and instead try to target guys who will be available once they pass through so they are just normal free agents.

Lindsay had a much better game with a bigger share than I was expecting, but at the same time, not sure I want to blow top waiver priority on that.

I'm thinking instead that I may drop someone like Clement and grab Ekeler, who I believe will pass through the waiver wire unclaimed. Also thinking about snagging Aaron Jones and dropping Matt Breida. I wasn't discouraged by Breida in week 1, but I'm not loving that committee approach there for fantasy purposes. George Kittle is available in my league as well, and I don't think that he will pass through waivers unfortunately (especially with Walker done for the year; I have to assume Kittle is the primary option to replace him), but I'm not sure that I want to blow a waiver claim on him when I have gronk and I'm only looking to have Kittle as a serviceable back up for bye weeks and possible injury.

I had Kenny Stills on my watch list for late rounds and ended up drafting Parker instead.  I already have Davante Adams, Mike Evans and Allen Robinson....... is it worth a move to swap Parker out for Stills? I feel like he’s the true WR1 over Parker, regardless of listing. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I need to see how Oakland's defense looks tonight.

I've been bullish on Sanders all off season, and obviously he did nothing to dispel that in week 1. That being said, I was encouraged by Hilton and the Colts in week 1. He still managed 11 targets, and it's not like that Bengals secondary is a joke. Their corners are pretty solid. Right now, I like the matchup for Sanders a little bit more (Raiders v Washington, which did a very good job in completely limiting Arizona), but again, maybe that Raiders defense is better than I thought.

Yeah, historically, Sanders has been the more consistent fantasy contributor week-to-week while Hilton has historically been the one capable of reaching the higher individual week highs.  As we saw last week, the Colts defense is what we thought it was going to be - they teased us a little, but ultimately folded like cray paper down the stretch.  So the Colts are going to be throwing a lot this season.

4 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

I had Kenny Stills on my watch list for late rounds and ended up drafting Parker instead.  I already have Davante Adams, Mike Evans and Allen Robinson....... is it worth a move to swap Parker out for Stills? I feel like he’s the true WR1 over Parker, regardless of listing. 

If you can get him. I've been done with Parker for 2 years now. Talent, but he's inconsistent and made of glass. He's not worth drafting to be honest, so I have no interest in having him on my roster. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

With top waiver priority, is there anyone you would be targeting that would be worth giving that up? I tend not to play the waiver game in week 1 and instead try to target guys who will be available once they pass through so they are just normal free agents.

Lindsay had a much better game with a bigger share than I was expecting, but at the same time, not sure I want to blow top waiver priority on that.

I'm thinking instead that I may drop someone like Clement and grab Ekeler, who I believe will pass through the waiver wire unclaimed. Also thinking about snagging Aaron Jones and dropping Matt Breida. I wasn't discouraged by Breida in week 1, but I'm not loving that committee approach there for fantasy purposes. George Kittle is available in my league as well, and I don't think that he will pass through waivers unfortunately (especially with Walker done for the year; I have to assume Kittle is the primary option to replace him), but I'm not sure that I want to blow a waiver claim on him when I have gronk and I'm only looking to have Kittle as a serviceable back up for bye weeks and possible injury.

I'd wait to see who gets waived before using up any sort of waiver priority status.  I doubt it happens in any of my leagues, but I'm willing to bet there are a number of leagues out there where we'll see the "Chris Hogan dropped for Phillip Dorsett" move made, and if that happens I'd consider using waiver priority on Hogan because once Edelman returns and he returns to his regular role, as long as he's healthy he's at least a WR2.

But I'd say sit tight and let others make their kneejerk reactions first.  The TE injuries alone should force some hands this week unless people legitimate were drafting 2 TE's (I'll never understand why).

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'd wait to see who gets waived before using up any sort of waiver priority status.  I doubt it happens in any of my leagues, but I'm willing to bet there are a number of leagues out there where we'll see the "Chris Hogan dropped for Phillip Dorsett" move made, and if that happens I'd consider using waiver priority on Hogan because once Edelman returns and he returns to his regular role, as long as he's healthy he's at least a WR2.

But I'd say sit tight and let others make their kneejerk reactions first.  The TE injuries alone should force some hands this week unless people legitimate were drafting 2 TE's (I'll never understand why).

This is typically what I like to do as well. I'd rather grab guys that people drop for knee jerk reactions more so than go after guys who just happened to have decent week 1's after being undrafted. Kittle is the exception as he was actually a target during my draft and I wanted a competent bacck up given Gronk's injury concerns. 

I suppose the only one i'd really consider on adding through waivers would be Yeldon, but at this point, I'm not even sure that Fournette is going to miss time, so that may be jumping the gun and potentially blowing my waiver priority . 

LIS, I think Ekeler (a target of mine), gets through waivers. Kittle probably won't go through waivers, but that was largely a luxury anyway, so I'm not going to blow that waiver priority on a luxury back up to have. 

WR help, 12 team, standard

Current: J Gordan, Crabtree, Stills, Garcon, Gallop

Have top waviers priority, is it worth it to use in on Lockett (dropping gallop)? .... More options Godwin, John Brown, Marshall, Galladay, G Alison, P Dorset, Ginn, Enuwa

(I need to add new QB for Mariota, & a TE due to injury).

Use Wire Priority on J Cook TE instead?

4 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

WR help, 12 team, standard

Current: J Gordan, Crabtree, Stills, Garcon, Gallop

Have top waviers priority, is it worth it to use in on Lockett (dropping gallop)? .... More options Godwin, John Brown, Marshall, Galladay, G Alison, P Dorset, Ginn, Enuwa

(I need to add new QB for Mariota, & a TE due to injury).

Use Wire Priority on J Cook TE instead?

JMO, but Ginn, Enunwa, and Godwin are going to be better on the season in standard format than Gallup or Garcon will be.  I'd probably say the same of Golliday and John Brown too (he got the most red zone targets of any Baltimore WR yesterday).

I'd actually rather have Marshall than Lockett.  All of our biggest concerns about Marshall was whether his body would hold up, but that looked like the out-bodying-guys Brandon Marshall of old we saw yesterday against a pretty darn good secondary.

Cook is fool's gold.  He does this every week 1 and then burns people most times the rest of season.

Honestly, you need to bolster your WR corps, but if there's any way to let others take their pickings first and preserve your priority while still being able to collect guys afterward, I'd do it.  Guys like Marshall, Ginn, and Godwin (he's got a bad matchup this coming weekend) should pass through the first wave of waivers untouched.

If you're going to burn your waiver priority, you do it for a QB.  If Mahomes is there, do it and take him.  I saw enough yesterday that while I still think he'll hit some bumps in the road, I'm willing to stay in the flames and trust Andy Reid and his ability to get the most out of QB's (dude made AJ Feeley a viable fantasy starter).

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Aaron Jones is available in your league? yeah I would grab him for sure. Id probably drop Clement and keep Breida. Sproles really seemed like he is going to eat into Clement's role that he had in the playoffs last year of third down back. rn hes their third guy with Ajayi getting all of the goal line work. 

Also, nothing wrong with having Kittle and Gronk. They both could be in your lineup on a weekly basis. Both guys are somewhat injury prone too (especially gronk) so having a legitimate TE1 as your backup doesnt sound bad. Its pretty clear to me that Kittle will be a huge part of every gameplan this year. hes a bonafide flex play most weeks imo on a team that will have to pass a lot. 

Here is my team (.5 ppr)

D. Watson

Hunt, Lewis, Michel, Gio Bernard, Breida, Kenneth Dixon

Hopkins, Diggs, Tyreek, E. Sanders, Godwin, Golladay, Rishard Mathews

Graham, Njoku, Jared Cook

Its two WRs, Two RBs, one TE and two flex spots. So basically Im starting 4 WRs every week as Hopkins, Diggs, Tyreek and Sanders all seem like must plays every week. I feel thin at RB right now but Michel should come back soon so I guess its not a huge need

My question is  - Pat Mahomes is available. So is  phillip lindsay. I am thinking I will drop Rishard Mathews for one of them, but which one? Should I do it for Mahomes and if so, how much FAAB money should I spend? right now I have a bid of $12. I could also drop Kenneth Dixon for the other one if that is worth it? 

I liked the stack of Hopkins and Watson, but Mahomes and Tyreek the freak could be just as lethal. 

Archived