So this is my WR core right now:

Davante Adams

Calvin Ridley

Keke Coutee

Sammy Watkins

Emmanuel Sanders

Amari Cooper

0.5 PPR

My TE is Zach Ertz, but Njoku is available in FA and I'm pondering dropping Cooper and picking Njoku up as Ertz' bye-week fill-in and potential trade bait. Adams is the only stud in my group but I feel like I've got enough other depth there that I can afford to drop Cooper, who is super unreliable anyways. Worth doing? 

4 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

So this is my WR core right now:

Davante Adams

Calvin Ridley

Keke Coutee

Sammy Watkins

Emmanuel Sanders

Amari Cooper

0.5 PPR

My TE is Zach Ertz, but Njoku is available in FA and I'm pondering dropping Cooper and picking Njoku up as Ertz' bye-week fill-in and potential trade bait. Adams is the only stud in my group but I feel like I've got enough other depth there that I can afford to drop Cooper, who is super unreliable anyways. Worth doing? 

I understand the impulse of dropping Cooper, and honestly, he probably is droppable. I would exhaust trade options first though. You may be able to get something for him on the name recognition and the hope that he turns it around. Offer him as a throw in to a deal where you're upgrading just a little bit at quarterback, running back, or wide receiver. 

Will have an open roster spot in the next day or two, and major issues at my rb2 spot once Bell returns to the Steelers (so after this week). I just made a trade for Shady, but I think he's largely unusable unless he gets traded. That leaves me with Aaron Jones and Alex Collins as the other two running backs on the roster. I just released Royce Freeman (I think he's clearly lost that battle with Lindsay and in a ppr league, he's pretty worthless). 

So, assuming that whoever I pick up may have to play a meaningful role moving forward, who are you using that roster spot for? These are the guys available:

Wendall Smallwood

Mike Davis

Peyton Barber

Ronald Jones

Frank Gore

Jamaal Charles

Latavius Murray

Duke Johnson

Not exactly a stellar crop to pick from. Should be noted that Foreman is on the wire, however given he won't be back until next month (and there's not telling what kind of usage he's going to have), and this isn't exactly a league I have to make moves a month in advance for (a week should cover it), I won't pick him up now, but I will be picking him up soon (this also gives Collins a chance to show that he's worth rostering). 

Need a TE to stream this week with Engram still out, was really hoping he could play. 

Top 5 available are Swaim, Vanett, Griffin, Paul & Usomah. Some lower guys like Goddert, Hurst, RSJ, Gesicki are there too

i really messed up by dropping Njoku

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Will have an open roster spot in the next day or two, and major issues at my rb2 spot once Bell returns to the Steelers (so after this week). I just made a trade for Shady, but I think he's largely unusable unless he gets traded. That leaves me with Aaron Jones and Alex Collins as the other two running backs on the roster. I just released Royce Freeman (I think he's clearly lost that battle with Lindsay and in a ppr league, he's pretty worthless). 

So, assuming that whoever I pick up may have to play a meaningful role moving forward, who are you using that roster spot for? These are the guys available:

Wendall Smallwood

Mike Davis

Peyton Barber

Ronald Jones

Frank Gore

Jamaal Charles

Latavius Murray

Duke Johnson

Not exactly a stellar crop to pick from. Should be noted that Foreman is on the wire, however given he won't be back until next month (and there's not telling what kind of usage he's going to have), and this isn't exactly a league I have to make moves a month in advance for (a week should cover it), I won't pick him up now, but I will be picking him up soon (this also gives Collins a chance to show that he's worth rostering). 

Personally I like Jones or Foreman (currently have them both with Foreman on IR). With Barber & Miller both struggling I can see them both getting a lot of opportunities. Just hope they can take advantage 

6 minutes ago, tgrades3 said:

Personally I like Jones or Foreman (currently have them both with Foreman on IR). With Barber & Miller both struggling I can see them both getting a lot of opportunities. Just hope they can take advantage 

Yeah, I'm definitely grabbing Foreman in the coming weeks, just because. I don't know that he's going to get the run coming off that achilles, but certainly worth the chance. For that reason, I'm also leaning toward Jones, but at the same time, I haven't heard a peep about him coming out of the bye week as a starter or anything. I suppose I can pick him up, see what his usage is this week against the Falcons and then cut him if I don't like it. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Wendall Smallwood

Mike Davis

Peyton Barber

Ronald Jones

Frank Gore

Jamaal Charles

Latavius Murray

Duke Johnson

I took Ronald Jones last week, and likely has the highest upside of the candidates, likely has a low floor as well.
Jones was active, lead the team in carries, had the bye and gets a solid matchup .... if he doesn't produce this week ... he is a cut, he is done, he is a keeps

Standard:
RB depth: M Gordan / Fournette / Ingram / R Jones / Powell [this after dropping Ajay]
WR depth: J Gordan / J Brown / T Boyd / G Allison / Fitz
TE: Njoku / QB: Watson / D: BAL

Wire: Enunwa, R Anderson, Cobb, Stills, Kirk, Callaway, Gabriel, R Grant, Uzomah

Anyone worth adding?

26 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Standard:
RB depth: M Gordan / Fournette / Ingram / R Jones / Powell [this after dropping Ajay]
WR depth: J Gordan / J Brown / T Boyd / G Allison / Fitz
TE: Njoku / QB: Watson / D: BAL

Wire: Enunwa, R Anderson, Cobb, Stills, Kirk, Callaway, Gabriel, R Grant, Uzomah

Anyone worth adding?

I think you're good to wait a week and see if Jones has anything. If he doesn't get any snaps or gets a few and can't do anything with them, I'd probably let him go for one of those guys. 

Posted in the trade thread but I'll ask here too.

I'm sitting at 2-3 right now in my .5 PPR league.

Current roster is

QBs: Brees, Goff
RBs: David Johnson, Jordan Howard, Tevin Coleman, Corey Clement
WRs: Brandin Cooks, JuJu, Alshon Jeffrey, Doug Baldwin, Sammy Watkins
TE: Evan Engram(IR so doesn't count toward roster space right now), Cameron Brate

I got offered Kerryon Johnson and James Conner for David Johnson. The offer seems fair but I'd have to drop someone. Should I make the trade, and if so, who should I drop? Watkins?

8 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Posted in the trade thread but I'll ask here too.

I'm sitting at 2-3 right now in my .5 PPR league.

Current roster is

QBs: Brees, Goff
RBs: David Johnson, Jordan Howard, Tevin Coleman, Corey Clement
WRs: Brandin Cooks, JuJu, Alshon Jeffrey, Doug Baldwin, Sammy Watkins
TE: Evan Engram(IR so doesn't count toward roster space right now), Cameron Brate

I got offered Kerryon Johnson and James Conner for David Johnson. The offer seems fair but I'd have to drop someone. Should I make the trade, and if so, who should I drop? Watkins?

Ehh, I wouldn't. It's basically Kerryon for Johnson at this point. I'd think hard about maybe trading DJ to shore up your WRs.

23 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Honestly, I find that when I try and fill in bye week players more than a week or two in advance it always backfires. I'd hold off on dropping Cooper for now in hopes that you could possibly package him (or worst case scenario one of your players gets hurt and frees up a roster spot and you don't have to drop him)

21 hours ago, Forge said:

My top two in that group are Foreman and Jones. I'd grab Jones now in hopes that the rumors of him taking the starting spot after the bye are true, you probably have another week for Foreman.

20 hours ago, tgrades3 said:

Need a TE to stream this week with Engram still out, was really hoping he could play. 

Top 5 available are Swaim, Vanett, Griffin, Paul & Usomah. Some lower guys like Goddert, Hurst, RSJ, Gesicki are there too

i really messed up by dropping Njoku

assign them each a number and roll some dice, none of them have any significant role in their offense. Swaim and RSJ probably have the most targets over the last couple of weeks so I'd lean towards one of them but I wouldn't expect much.

Archived