Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

I made a critical mistake that looks like it’s gonna cost me ending in the money, if not with the championship. I don’t even want to get into what I did but here’s my question: 

Should I hope to get by playing matchups with Jordan Reed and Evan Engram OR 

see if I can swing a trade of James White and one of said TE for Lamar Miller and Kittle? 

Kittle owner has Kelce also and his backfield consists of Mixon, Miller, Smallwood and Chris Thompson. 

I myself don’t have a ton of depth in the backfield but we only have to start 1 and I have Gurley.  

Is losing White worth having Kittle over two decent TE’s that just can’t seem to get it going or should I stand pat with my own?

10 hours ago, N4L said:

Lets hear them

For trade one, I gave up Phillip Lindsay for Shady straight up on the off chance that Shady gets traded. Obviously, coming out way behind on this end of the deal now, though I didn't mind taking the risk at the time because Lindsay was just bench depth at the time. Now, he appears to have an even greater stranglehold on that job in Denver, while Shady doesn't appear likely to move and pretty much sucks in Buffalo. So I took a big L on that one, though again, at the time, I didn't mind taking the risk. After that the moves are highly questionable and the later moves make this one seem much more suspect in hindsight. 

Cooks, Golladay, Goff for Julio and OJ Howard and Marquise Goodwin. This is a move that I'm fine with. It destroyed my depth a little bit, but it improved my starting lineup for the most part. Golladay and Cooks were flex and bench #1 week in week out. I could never play both of them (except on bye weeks) because I had Green and Hopkins as WR1 and Wr2. So losing them really didn't do much for me. Goff hurt a little bit, but I was the only team in the league with three suitable starting quarterbacks in a super flex league and my other two quarterbacks (Winston & Brees) had already had their byes, so I won't have to pull them from the lineup unless I"m overly concerned about a matchup.  I also have some concerns about how early the Rams could potentially lock up home field  and the division. McVay has already shown a propensity for sitting and resting his guys. Jones instantly upgrades my floor on a points per game basis over Cooks / Golladay. Howard sits my bench for the most part (I have Gronk), but given the injuries of gronk, his declining target share and fantasy play, I wanted to have a solid back up to give me some streaming flex options. Goodwin sits the bench as well as my flex play in bye weeks. 

This third one is the one that killed me, and really crushed my team. Terrible trade and I knew that even when I offered it. It was sort of an off the cuff trade offer that I was going to probably cancel after a little bit, but he accepted the deal in seriously like 2 minutes, so I was stuck with it. I have been lamenting my RB2 issue forever now (I have Conner as my RB2) because I know that his time will be up eventually (and the signs were pointing to it being this week). So I've been getting desperate, and quite frankly I way overcompensated. I basically traded AJ Green straight up for Nick Chubb.  This was terrible on so many levels. One, I'm just flat out losing the point battle. While I like that Chubb can be a steady rb2, he's not going to average 18 points a game like Green is. Now, you could argue that the amount of points he scores will be greater than the points I lose between Goodwin and Green, but that seems highly unlikely as well, and at best it's going to have some wild variance (Goodwin I would project to be very prime Djax like this season). Secondarily, and this is the bigger issue, I made this trade with one of the top three teams in the league, and it only helped him out considerably. His rbs are CMC and Kamara, both of whom have had their bye and never be on the bench. So chubb was strictly a bench of flex play. His receivers are Evans & JSS. He had two weak spots - QB2 & Flex (he had been using Carr and Cooper), and I just completely resolved one of those for him by giving him a point machine. So my biggest problem is that I probably just made his team better than mine. 

With Conner still as the top back in Pitt, my team doesn't look vastly different with regards to the starting line up than it was, but my depth has been crushed. If Conner remains as lead back, then it's not that big of a deal. I suspect Chubb will put up reasonably similar numbers to Cooks / Golladay for the most part. I'll take Julio slightly over green on a per game basis, and the Winston / Goff situation can probably vary pretty wildly. Will largely depend on how turnover happy Winston is but that can range anywhere from a slight win, to a wash to a big loss.

Original line up

QB: Brees / Goff

RB: Conner, Barkley, Lindsey (bench /flex )

WR: Hopkins, Green, Cooks, Golladay

Flex: Cooks / Golladay / Lindsey (two bench) 

TE: Gronk

New line up

QB: Brees / Winston

RB: Conner, Barkley, Chubb (likely flex), Shady (bench)

WR: Hopkins, Julio, Goodwin

TE: Gronk, Howard

Flex: Chubb / Shady / Goodwin (two on bench)

Obviously, I have some deeper bench stashes as well. I basically have been cycling through Njoku, Corey Clement, Wendall Smallwood, Aaron Jones, Tre'quan Smith and Mostert as additional bench stashes. Now Barner as well. 

what about Corey Davis for Jones... in this league don't need RB but if Jones blows up could be good trade bait.... 

maybe I should drop Jordan Reed instead? my team

QB: Stafford

RB: Gurley, Mixon, Drake, A Jones, Duke, J Richard

WR: Thomas, Adams, Hilton, Cooper, C Davis

TE: Howard, Reed

Def: Bears

K: Greg the Leg

7 hours ago, Forge said:

For trade one, I gave up Phillip Lindsay for Shady straight up on the off chance that Shady gets traded. Obviously, coming out way behind on this end of the deal now, though I didn't mind taking the risk at the time because Lindsay was just bench depth at the time. Now, he appears to have an even greater stranglehold on that job in Denver, while Shady doesn't appear likely to move and pretty much sucks in Buffalo. So I took a big L on that one, though again, at the time, I didn't mind taking the risk. After that the moves are highly questionable and the later moves make this one seem much more suspect in hindsight. 

Cooks, Golladay, Goff for Julio and OJ Howard and Marquise Goodwin. This is a move that I'm fine with. It destroyed my depth a little bit, but it improved my starting lineup for the most part. Golladay and Cooks were flex and bench #1 week in week out. I could never play both of them (except on bye weeks) because I had Green and Hopkins as WR1 and Wr2. So losing them really didn't do much for me. Goff hurt a little bit, but I was the only team in the league with three suitable starting quarterbacks in a super flex league and my other two quarterbacks (Winston & Brees) had already had their byes, so I won't have to pull them from the lineup unless I"m overly concerned about a matchup.  I also have some concerns about how early the Rams could potentially lock up home field  and the division. McVay has already shown a propensity for sitting and resting his guys. Jones instantly upgrades my floor on a points per game basis over Cooks / Golladay. Howard sits my bench for the most part (I have Gronk), but given the injuries of gronk, his declining target share and fantasy play, I wanted to have a solid back up to give me some streaming flex options. Goodwin sits the bench as well as my flex play in bye weeks. 

This third one is the one that killed me, and really crushed my team. Terrible trade and I knew that even when I offered it. It was sort of an off the cuff trade offer that I was going to probably cancel after a little bit, but he accepted the deal in seriously like 2 minutes, so I was stuck with it. I have been lamenting my RB2 issue forever now (I have Conner as my RB2) because I know that his time will be up eventually (and the signs were pointing to it being this week). So I've been getting desperate, and quite frankly I way overcompensated. I basically traded AJ Green straight up for Nick Chubb.  This was terrible on so many levels. One, I'm just flat out losing the point battle. While I like that Chubb can be a steady rb2, he's not going to average 18 points a game like Green is. Now, you could argue that the amount of points he scores will be greater than the points I lose between Goodwin and Green, but that seems highly unlikely as well, and at best it's going to have some wild variance (Goodwin I would project to be very prime Djax like this season). Secondarily, and this is the bigger issue, I made this trade with one of the top three teams in the league, and it only helped him out considerably. His rbs are CMC and Kamara, both of whom have had their bye and never be on the bench. So chubb was strictly a bench of flex play. His receivers are Evans & JSS. He had two weak spots - QB2 & Flex (he had been using Carr and Cooper), and I just completely resolved one of those for him by giving him a point machine. So my biggest problem is that I probably just made his team better than mine. 

With Conner still as the top back in Pitt, my team doesn't look vastly different with regards to the starting line up than it was, but my depth has been crushed. If Conner remains as lead back, then it's not that big of a deal. I suspect Chubb will put up reasonably similar numbers to Cooks / Golladay for the most part. I'll take Julio slightly over green on a per game basis, and the Winston / Goff situation can probably vary pretty wildly. Will largely depend on how turnover happy Winston is but that can range anywhere from a slight win, to a wash to a big loss.

Original line up

QB: Brees / Goff

RB: Conner, Barkley, Lindsey (bench /flex )

WR: Hopkins, Green, Cooks, Golladay

Flex: Cooks / Golladay / Lindsey (two bench) 

TE: Gronk

New line up

QB: Brees / Winston

RB: Conner, Barkley, Chubb (likely flex), Shady (bench)

WR: Hopkins, Julio, Goodwin

TE: Gronk, Howard

Flex: Chubb / Shady / Goodwin (two on bench)

Obviously, I have some deeper bench stashes as well. I basically have been cycling through Njoku, Corey Clement, Wendall Smallwood, Aaron Jones, Tre'quan Smith and Mostert as additional bench stashes. Now Barner as well. 

I been trying to trade Chubb for a stud WR

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I been trying to trade Chubb for a stud WR

It was actually terrible trade right from the start and I knew it. I'd be surprised if anyone bites on that without a couple of solid games under his belt. 

alright guys. i had goff this week as my bye week fill in for ryan. however the TE FA market is /horrible and ertz is on bye next week so someone gave me njoku for goff ( I was fine with it). so now i have the options of:

Trubisky

Dalton

someone else other than those two (I wanted jameis but hes gone)

13 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

thoughts on adding Jack Doyle as a TE2? 

I have Howard and Kittle in both my leagues, but there is next to nothing in waivers.... If either gets hurt, I'll be screwed at that spot... would you look to add Doyle as TE2 for either

If he's the best player on your wire, sure, but I seldom roster two tight ends, let alone three, and I tend not to live in fear of potential injuries. I think there is more value in legit handcuffs who would play well if injury happens. Someone like Spencer Ware

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

If he's the best player on your wire, sure, but I seldom roster two tight ends, let alone three, and I tend not to live in fear of potential injuries. I think there is more value in legit handcuffs who would play well if injury happens. Someone like Spencer Ware

meant I have Kittle in one league, and Howard in my other....  who are some of your favorite Handcuffs right now???

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

meant I have Kittle in one league, and Howard in my other....  who are some of your favorite Handcuffs right now???

Ohhhh. Then yeah, that's fine. In the Howard league, I'd rather have brate than Doyle. Since the bucs have had their bye, the only way Howard doesn't play is if he's hurt, and in that instance, brate had more value than Doyle to me.  Kittle still had a bye coming up, so you'll need a te2 at some point

11 hours ago, Forge said:

I agree with staching upside on the bench ... Especially if the best available bench players will not be slatted to be in your lineup for next 2 week's. Example: I dropped Gabriel for Spencer Ware.

My bench is only 4 spots, but I still have Spencer Ware & Courtland Sutton who are pure upside guys.

22 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Guys, I just noticed that our league's playoff format is round 1 weeks 14&15 and the final is weeks 16&17. This sucks because week 17 sits a lot of starters normally. Is it too late to ask to change it so there's no week 17? How would you change it If they agree?

You should get a lot of opposition to this.

I would only recommend this change if its 100% yes (only) ... but ultimately there will be someone who benefits from having playoffs in week 17 (teams with no Rams players for example).

So if there is 1 no, I would not do the change.

Archived