Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I dropped Jayel Samuels the week prior when I login lost Doyle for the season. Will small benches I had no choice. I chose to keep Ware over Samuels & I got a payoff for Ware.

Thought on Pettis?

Im going through the same thing. Pettis or Zay Jones? With Holmes/Benjamin being released Zay is about the only actual threat left on that offense receiving. I feel like it has to be him based strictly on volume

Any good WR or RB targets? I have Baldwin and a Jeffrey on my roster that are pretty close to worthless. 

My RBs are DJ, Ware, Fournette, Coleman. WR are Juju, Cooks, Baldwin, Jeffrey. 

I'm not confident starting DJ anymore, and hesitant about Ware this week. I think Coleman, Baldwin, and Jeffrey are all droppable but not sure who is better? Thinking about aiming for that Chargers Jackson guy. 

6 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Any good WR or RB targets? I have Baldwin and a Jeffrey on my roster that are pretty close to worthless. 

My RBs are DJ, Ware, Fournette, Coleman. WR are Juju, Cooks, Baldwin, Jeffrey. 

I'm not confident starting DJ anymore, and hesitant about Ware this week. I think Coleman, Baldwin, and Jeffrey are all droppable but not sure who is better? Thinking about aiming for that Chargers Jackson guy. 

Meant to reply to this earlier. I have ware in two leagues and I dont feel good about him at all this week, so Im with you. 

Samuels, Wilson jr, justin jackson are all guys that should be rostered at this point. 

I really really like justin jackson, but there is talk about gordon coming back this week which would basically kill his fantasy value moving forward. Considering they play the bengals, and are certain to be a playoff team, I dont see why they would bring gordon back this week and risk further injury. They should give him the week off and take care of business at home against a terrible team with a horrible defense and a backup QB. If gordon doesnt play, I expect Jackson to have 15+ carries. 

PIT doesnt really platoon running backs, but they claim that they are going to do so this week at least. Samuel has gotten a handful of snaps recently, and they play Oakland. I think conner is going to be out for a few weeks, so get Samuel if you can

Jeff Wilson JR played his butt off last week. Very impressed with how he finishes his runs. He has some length to him but knows how to get low and initiate contact. He got banged up in the game and went to the locker room and then came back, seemed fine. Niners OL is excellent at run blocking and our QB sucks so youd think we would continue to run the ball but I am worried that alfred morris will get some carries this week. 

Also, if DJ Moore is still out there, go get him. Dante Pettis is another guy who is playable over baldwin. 

If Flacco plays, is Jackson still playable? Or should I pick up Winston or Keenum? really struggling with this one. Winston seems like a solid play regardless. Niners pass defense is terrible so Keenum could make some sense. 

36 minutes ago, N4L said:

Meant to reply to this earlier. I have ware in two leagues and I dont feel good about him at all this week, so Im with you. 

Samuels, Wilson jr, justin jackson are all guys that should be rostered at this point. 

I really really like justin jackson, but there is talk about gordon coming back this week which would basically kill his fantasy value moving forward. Considering they play the bengals, and are certain to be a playoff team, I dont see why they would bring gordon back this week and risk further injury. They should give him the week off and take care of business at home against a terrible team with a horrible defense and a backup QB. If gordon doesnt play, I expect Jackson to have 15+ carries. 

PIT doesnt really platoon running backs, but they claim that they are going to do so this week at least. Samuel has gotten a handful of snaps recently, and they play Oakland. I think conner is going to be out for a few weeks, so get Samuel if you can

Jeff Wilson JR played his butt off last week. Very impressed with how he finishes his runs. He has some length to him but knows how to get low and initiate contact. He got banged up in the game and went to the locker room and then came back, seemed fine. Niners OL is excellent at run blocking and our QB sucks so youd think we would continue to run the ball but I am worried that alfred morris will get some carries this week. 

Also, if DJ Moore is still out there, go get him. Dante Pettis is another guy who is playable over baldwin. 

If Flacco plays, is Jackson still playable? Or should I pick up Winston or Keenum? really struggling with this one. Winston seems like a solid play regardless. Niners pass defense is terrible so Keenum could make some sense. 

If flacco plays, roll with Winston. And roll with John Brown for a breakout (if u need boom\bust) only if Flacco. I'm hesitant to drop Brown (as he could be used against me if Flacco is the guy)

4 hours ago, N4L said:

I like Winston in that situation for sure. Keenum seems like a huge question mark too but if you're feeling ballsy go for it. Winston definitely seems safer though.

I ended up dropping Jeffrey for Pettis. Baldwin at least has a the typical late season Wilson throwing to him. Jeffrey has nothing at this point and bad matchups through the end of the season. 

Justin Jackson cleared waivers. Should I be comfortable with the Broncos D for the ROS? Been holding onto the Ravens but Broncos look pretty good. Drop Ravens for Jackson?

And Njoku or Brate ROS? Njoku got dropped. Put in a waiver claim, how much FAAB should I bid?

19 hours ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

so you texted the league because he screwed up and you need him to win? Sounds like sour grapes to me. You can't complain to the league about that kind of stuff.

No I didn't text the league, he texted the league telling everyone he forgot t o hit submit on his lineup change. 

21 hours ago, N4L said:

Did you make it? 

Kind of a funny story about Jordan Reed last night. Two teams were tied for 4th going into the week. The one guy with the points tie breaker had gurley and was popping off about how gurley was gonna go off in the playoffs. He needed Jordan Reed to get 6 points last night to win and advance (other guy already won)

I ran away with first place and so I'm playing whoever advances. My team name is the butt fumbles and low and behold, Mr butt fumble himself, Mark Sanchez, comes in to prevent playing gurley week one lol 

You can't make this stuff up 

I'm honestly not even sure, I thought I was out because the guy won but now It's kind of confusing. Craziest last week I can remember, and this league has been up for about 10 years now. 

There's a 4-team playoff that starts week 15. We currently have 8 teams still mathematically alive for the 4th and final playoff spot going into the last week of the season. AND what's even crazier....they're mathematically alive for the Toilet bowl as well. There are 7 teams that are 6-7 and 1 team that is 7-6. Obviously the 7-6 team would need to lose for any of the 6-7 teams to even have a chance. Our tie breaker is head to head and then total points. I rank 2nd in total points between the 8 teams but my record between the 8 teams is 4-5. I think I'd get in if 3 teams lose and I win obviously. 

But honest, I couldn't ask for better match-ups with the 3 teams I need to have lose One team is playing the best team in the league, another team is playing the total points leader and another team is playing without Kareem Hunt. 

I obviously need to take care of business myself though, which isn't an easy task. My opponent has some juicy match ups this week. 

My gut is telling me to go Justin Jackson over Ekeler, am I crazy? He’s clearly a better runner than Ekeler, and the Chargers will likely build an early lead.

My league gives 100yd rushing bonus and long td bonus; I think JJ is a threat to do both tomorrow.  

In ppr Ekeler seems like a safe option,  but he’s scored 12 and 10 ppr pts in the two games without Melvin.  

9 hours ago, KellChippy said:

My gut is telling me to go Justin Jackson over Ekeler, am I crazy? He’s clearly a better runner than Ekeler, and the Chargers will likely build an early lead.

My league gives 100yd rushing bonus and long td bonus; I think JJ is a threat to do both tomorrow.  

In ppr Ekeler seems like a safe option,  but he’s scored 12 and 10 ppr pts in the two games without Melvin.  

For inspiration, I'm rolling Jackson over Mack & Ware. Yolo with max upside needed

12 hours ago, KellChippy said:

I am all in on Jackson this week. I think he will be the guy to get most of the carries late in the game. 

I think he will have multiple touchdowns 

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

I am all in on Jackson this week. I think he will be the guy to get most of the carries late in the game. 

I think he will have multiple touchdowns 

That's what I'm banking on actually.

I stacked Chargers... Chargers DEF, Justin Jackson at Flex, Badgley at K.

Need the blow out in that game, to have a chance to advance.

7 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

That's what I'm banking on actually.

I stacked Chargers... Chargers DEF, Justin Jackson at Flex, Badgley at K.

Need the blow out in that game, to have a chance to advance.

Chargers are 15 point favorites so I think this is a very strong possibility

Archived