Venom

Acgott

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Where did you get that from? What's his face said RT critics gave it a 33% approval rating. So to me that's a 3/10. But regardless almost all of them said it was garbage. 

I got it from RT. 

That's not how RT works. RT is a pass/fail grading system. 33% on RT doesn't mean critics are scoring it at a 3.3; it means only 33% of critics have scored it at more than 6/10 (60% is their threshold for Rotten and Fresh).

47 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Venom projected close to 80 mill weekend. Alot of people thought they would fail, hopefully the sequel gets r rated with who is rumored for the next villian.

What was Fox's projection?

That's not a bad pull considering all the bad media surrounding it.

As for the next villain. They have to make it a R-Rating movie. I'm not sure said actor could pull off a PG-13 creepy horror performance. When I saw it, I got hyped because of the character but not the performance.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

So you don't understand how RT works. Got it.

Yea because in the world of entertainment I want to know everything about how rotten tomatoes does their rating system. I mean it's not like they've whiffed on multiple movies that they said were bad but were actually entertaining and movies they want to paint the picture as being a modern masterpiece and yet they sucked so bad that multiple movies of the same series have suffered because of it. Yea it's not like these people have their own agendas and have tarnished their own reputations in the process of writing good and bad reviews. 

Gonna have to put it on my to do list like one of the good sheep and just learn their system and take their reviews on what to watch and what to hate. 

I really dont care how they formulate scores on movies. Cause they've already proven to me and many others they suck at it, why the hell would I want to understand their formula on rating movies? Besides a simple curiosity to see if they're ratings stack up against mine to see if anything has changed over there. I pretty much just stick to reading 10 to 15 reviews then make my own assumption and rating to base a comparison. 

So let's be clear. I dont care how they specifically determine the average rating. 3 through 5 or 5 through 10, that's all I really care for besides a handful of articles for curiosity sake. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea because in the world of entertainment I want to know everything about how rotten tomatoes does their rating system. I mean it's not like they've whiffed on multiple movies that they said were bad but were actually entertaining and movies they want to paint the picture as being a modern masterpiece and yet they sucked so bad that multiple movies of the same series have suffered because of it. Yea it's not like these people have their own agendas and have tarnished their own reputations in the process of writing good and bad reviews. 

Gonna have to put it on my to do list like one of the good sheep and just learn their system and take their reviews on what to watch and what to hate. 

I really dont care how they formulate scores on movies. Cause they've already proven to me and many others they suck at it, why the hell would I want to understand their formula on rating movies? Besides a simple curiosity to see if they're ratings stack up against mine to see if anything has changed over there. I pretty much just stick to reading 10 to 15 reviews then make my own assumption and rating to base a comparison. 

So let's be clear. I dont care how they specifically determine the average rating. 3 through 5 or 5 through 10, that's all I really care for besides a handful of articles for curiosity sake. 

This... this is one of the more insane posts I have read on FF. 

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

This... this is one of the more insane posts I have read on FF. 

Yea i was texting that while tipsy and dealing with a family get together so I was drifting in and out of the post. But in all seriousness as I was trying to convey is why would I want to know how their ratings work when I dont think much of the ratings to begin with?

The movie was alright, but again, if they pull that PG-13 crap with the Carnage sequel, I'm gonna have a big problem. I'm actually dreading the idea of them making a Carnage movie because I know deep in my mind that it just might happen, this IS Sony we're talking about, which is bad news for everything that isn't gaming or original films. They were actually considering an Aunt May movie at one point FFS.

I saw this Thursday night and really enjoyed it

Venom the character and his relationship with Brock was perfectly done

The movie itself is a bad shell, but I really think they can improve on this and make a good franchise

I'm not mad at all - the Carnage end credit is so bad though - if you said "make the most cheesy and terrible Carnage tease," this would be it

6/10

I enjoyed it - last fight scene was trash though. I always prefer they create the characters on screen as close as possible to how they are in the comics, so for someone who isn’t very familiar with Venom, can someone give me a break down on him and what they did well with him compared to what they didn’t?

Archived