Close this thread

Dashing202

11 hours ago, NickButera said:

Don't want to bash your hopes or be a pessimist here, but I feel like you're thinking this is 1,000 times easier than it actually is. The background investigation usually takes months. You're surprised they asked you for neighbor references? When you get to the background it'll take you a few days just to properly fill out the personal history questionaire. They asked you for every detail of your life up to this point, everything. Then they hire an investigator to go around and talk to everyone in your life to confirm everything you said was true. This guy will fly all around the US to talk to people if needed. Very few people even get to that stage because of the cost involved. So be sure you are overly honest. I had to apply to more than a dozen PD's before I got hired, and I put myself through the academy and graduated top of my class.  

Just as a friendly advice, instead of assuming Baltimore will hire you, I'd be more mentally prepared to be rejected 10 times before you successfully get hired somewhere. Unless you're fresh out of the military, this is usually most peoples experience. 

How can getting hired as a cop be so difficult if they got so many of them running around breaking laws left and right shooting people and framing people?

4 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

How can getting hired as a cop be so difficult if they got so many of them running around breaking laws left and right shooting people and framing people?

The only thing that doesn't get you hired is if you had an issue from work . This guy at my job went out of state and passed everything but a polygraph, but that's because he had like two incidents at his job?.

Idk if he told them already I'm sure he did on the application and than the polygraph guy told him he needs to apply next year .Also said he hasn't had his new job (which is my job )for atleast 6 months yet .

I was like wow  next year ? Dude went out of state to just hear that lol. I have nothing to worry about other than a lot of jobs I had. I only plan on putting down 4 jobs .. when I was 17-18 I was quitting jobs left and right so like I don't feel the need to add all those jobs .

just the ones I've done the past 7 years .

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

The only thing that doesn't get you hired is if you had an issue from work . This guy at my job went out of state and passed everything but a polygraph, but that's because he had like two incidents at his job?.

Idk if he told them already I'm sure he did on the application and than the polygraph guy told him he needs to apply next year .Also said he hasn't had his new job (which is my job )for atleast 6 months yet .

I was like wow  next year ? Dude went out of state to just hear that lol. I have nothing to worry about other than a lot of jobs I had. I only plan on putting down 4 jobs .. when I was 17-18 I was quitting jobs left and right so like I don't feel the need to add all those jobs .

just the ones I've done the past 7 years .

Nope.  Lots of things can/will get you DQd.

22 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Nope.  Lots of things can/will get you DQd.

I knew a guy in college - wanted to go FBI, had the credentials with school and was in NFL Combine shape, squeaky clean background. He applied for several PDs to get his experience needed to go to the FBI one day - didn't make it due to psychological suitably. 

It wasn't because he was crazy, he wasn't - he was simply too nice, and you'd have to think he couldn't think rationally if he walked into a murderer scene with children involved, or keep a cool head with a guy who habitually abused his family, or other horrible situations he'd find himself in during a normal day at work. It isn't all drug busts and speeding tickets - you'll see things that will shake you down to your core. 

Completely legitimate reason to hold him from the job - you need to operate in a moral vacuum a lot as a LEO.

So i did a little digging here....Police work, one might call it.

Posted in the Redskins forum less than one month ago:

“My names da'ved I wanna become a police officer and help people.

i have drug problems and I do smoke and drink a lot. I love to workout and go dancing . I also want to become a director and do urban exploring.

im a nice person .”

So...do you barely smoke “tree”?  Is it only “tree” that you use, or are there other more...hectic...drugs in play here?  When i hear “drug problems”, i don’t think of weed.  I think of much more dangerous drugs.  If it’s the latter then get yourself clean.  Like, really clean.  Not just 3 weeks.  Then revisit this idea of become the police.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

I knew a guy in college - wanted to go FBI, had the credentials with school and was in NFL Combine shape, squeaky clean background. He applied for several PDs to get his experience needed to go to the FBI one day - didn't make it due to psychological suitably. 

It wasn't because he was crazy, he wasn't - he was simply too nice, and you'd have to think he couldn't think rationally if he walked into a murderer scene with children involved, or keep a cool head with a guy who habitually abused his family.

Completely legitimate reason to hold him from the job - you need to operate in a moral vacuum a lot as a LEO.

I’m convinced that the psych test for LE isn’t to make sure you’re not crazy.  It’s to make sure you’re crazy enough for the job.

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

What if I can't get through the chorus of a certain Ghetto Boys song without singing along?

Deal breaker?

They actually start the interview off by playing the first 20 seconds of that song, stopping it abubptly, and seeing how long you can resist.

Just now, CBears019 said:

They actually start the interview off by playing the first 20 seconds of that song, stopping it abubptly, and seeing how long you can resist.

I stand alone if a four cornered room, staring at candles...

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

I'd rather be waterboarded.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

I stand alone if a four cornered room, staring at candles...

giphy.gif

Wrong song (but that's a good song too tbh)

Archived