Close this thread

Dashing202

6 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Nice, how was the psychological test ? What was that all about .

That was the last and final step, usually after they already think they may select you or have dwindled down the applicant class to a few. It's more of a formality, looking for any extra red flags as they finish up their investigation. By that point they've done a massive investigation on you and know everything about you already and would have had to pass the entirety of the background check. The application process is long, and has many steps. Back when i applied that one was always last. 

Kinda a random rant but I saw people talking about lie detector on the first few pages like they are even somewhat reliable. Polygraph test are BS. You can't prove that someone is lying just from quantitative data. Lie detectors just record your heart rate, temperature, and sweat amount so if you can keep cool during the questioning it's easy to beat them and they can also just as easily give you a false positive if you're too nervous. It's why quite a few states find them inadmissible in court and are outright banned in military courts. They are good at freaking people out and scaring them into confessing crimes though.

3 minutes ago, Geek said:

Kinda a random rant but I saw people talking about lie detector on the first few pages like they are even somewhat reliable. Polygraph test are BS. You can't prove that someone is lying just from quantitative data. Lie detectors just record your heart rate, temperature, and sweat amount so if you can keep cool during the questioning it's easy to beat them and they can also just as easily give you a false positive if you're too nervous. It's why quite a few states find them inadmissible in court and are outright banned in military courts. They are good at freaking people out and scaring them into confessing crimes though.

I blame my self since I'm the OP to thread . I agree, and I feel very comfortable passing it especially if it's in Baltimore . 

19 minutes ago, NickButera said:

That was the last and final step, usually after they already think they may select you or have dwindled down the applicant class to a few. It's more of a formality, looking for any extra red flags as they finish up their investigation. By that point they've done a massive investigation on you and know everything about you already and would have had to pass the entirety of the background check. The application process is long, and has many steps. Back when i applied that one was always last. 

True true , my agility test gonna be easy and lol surprisingly not tough.

after that i think the process will be fast . The detective , that I spoke to said they get guys in the academy about roughly every two months . I was shocked to hear that because , usually other stations takes months .

As soon as we have 50 recruits is when the academy starts . Mean time I can work at the police station god know what .

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

@Dashing202 if you don’t keep us updated on all the police academy hijinx (fictional or otherwise), I’ll ban you personally.

Lol, sure just let me apply to more places . I'm pretty sure tho Baltimore letting me get in. I'm curious how much they pay you during the academy . If they pay me around 37,000 than I'm moving out to Baltimore ??‍♂️Harbor .

my job currently isn't paying enough unless I work 60hours ??‍♂️.

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Lol, sure just let me apply to more places . I'm pretty sure tho Baltimore letting me get in. I'm curious how much they pay you during the academy . If they pay me around 37,000 than I'm moving out to Baltimore ??‍♂️Harbor .

my job currently isn't paying enough unless I work 60hours ??‍♂️.

I hope you've seen The Wire.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I hope you've seen The Wire.

lol  idc I'm not a coward .. and I'm sure as heck not afraid to die . I am afraid if someone tortures me tho that's a little hectic .

I watched that show when I was like in 10th grade ?.

10 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

lol  idc I'm not a coward .. and I'm sure as heck not afraid to die . I am afraid if someone tortures me tho that's a little hectic .

I watched that show when I was like in 10th grade ?.

I'm not trying to dissuade you. I am making sure you've seen it. I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to be a Baltimore cop if you haven't seen it. ;)

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not trying to dissuade you. I am making sure you've seen it. I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to be a Baltimore cop if you haven't seen it. ;)

Haha it's fine man , Baltimore a stepping stone place . The reason why they hire a lot is because , well it's super busy there and cops transfer out to different department for more money .

Archived