Close this thread

Dashing202

11 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

lol  idc I'm not a coward .. and I'm sure as heck not afraid to die . I am afraid if someone tortures me tho that's a little hectic 

again with this hectic thing reference... i thought that was about cracky drugs.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

again with this hectic thing reference... i thought that was about cracky drugs.

Yea, I said I didn't do anything hertic  as in cocaine pcp etc . 

This guy at my job said Baltimore department , probably one of the most dangerous around .

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

Yea, I said I didn't do anything hertic  as in cocaine pcp etc . 

This guy at my job said Baltimore department , probably one of the most dangerous around .

Yeah. Not only do you have to live in Baltimore, you can't just hid under your bed all day.

20 minutes ago, MathMan said:

Yeah. Not only do you have to live in Baltimore, you can't just hid under your bed all day.

This form for another police stations actually asked me for neighbor reference . That's so hilarious because, friends and family are one thing but now neighbor reference lol.

theres like 12- needed .

6 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Haha if I pass my agility and background than I'll be fine . Baltimore the easiest one to get into .

Don't want to bash your hopes or be a pessimist here, but I feel like you're thinking this is 1,000 times easier than it actually is. The background investigation usually takes months. You're surprised they asked you for neighbor references? When you get to the background it'll take you a few days just to properly fill out the personal history questionaire. They asked you for every detail of your life up to this point, everything. Then they hire an investigator to go around and talk to everyone in your life to confirm everything you said was true. This guy will fly all around the US to talk to people if needed. Very few people even get to that stage because of the cost involved. So be sure you are overly honest. I had to apply to more than a dozen PD's before I got hired, and I put myself through the academy and graduated top of my class.  

Just as a friendly advice, instead of assuming Baltimore will hire you, I'd be more mentally prepared to be rejected 10 times before you successfully get hired somewhere. Unless you're fresh out of the military, this is usually most peoples experience. 

23 hours ago, Geek said:

Kinda a random rant but I saw people talking about lie detector on the first few pages like they are even somewhat reliable. Polygraph test are BS. You can't prove that someone is lying just from quantitative data. Lie detectors just record your heart rate, temperature, and sweat amount so if you can keep cool during the questioning it's easy to beat them and they can also just as easily give you a false positive if you're too nervous. It's why quite a few states find them inadmissible in court and are outright banned in military courts. They are good at freaking people out and scaring them into confessing crimes though.

I saw this thing once where Baltimore police hooked up this kid to a copy machine and he was so scared it was telling the truth it forced him to confess. You should ask about that @Dashing202

44 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I saw this thing once where Baltimore police hooked up this kid to a copy machine and he was so scared it was telling the truth it forced him to confess. You should ask about that @Dashing202

A copy machine ? Is this a joke lol.

I have nothing to hide I'll be confident . I'd be super shocked if I failed anything at this point . 

39 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

“I am afraid if someone tortured me tho, that’s a little hectic” may be my favorite post on FF since the transition to the new site

I mean ... torturing is a nightmare . That and being eaten alive .

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

Don't want to bash your hopes or be a pessimist here, but I feel like you're thinking this is 1,000 times easier than it actually is. The background investigation usually takes months. You're surprised they asked you for neighbor references? When you get to the background it'll take you a few days just to properly fill out the personal history questionaire. They asked you for every detail of your life up to this point, everything. Then they hire an investigator to go around and talk to everyone in your life to confirm everything you said was true. This guy will fly all around the US to talk to people if needed. Very few people even get to that stage because of the cost involved. So be sure you are overly honest. I had to apply to more than a dozen PD's before I got hired, and I put myself through the academy and graduated top of my class.  

Just as a friendly advice, instead of assuming Baltimore will hire you, I'd be more mentally prepared to be rejected 10 times before you successfully get hired somewhere. Unless you're fresh out of the military, this is usually most peoples experience. 

This is for the Anne arundel department . I'm not surprised from what I can tell there super strict even the agility test is much harder . 

I've applied every where and I'm patient at the moment . The test for Anne Arundel is written and agility , they don't tell you if you passed the written test unless you passed the agility .

They can background check all they want lol. I have nothing to hide . If I fail the polygraph it's because I was super nervous .

Archived