2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

51 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Currently has about 30.5. .......  Graham takes 10. (I think this is high, I'm guessing closer to 7.5....

Think his this-year cap will be pretty modest, not more than 6. 

1.  First, I don't think the Packers will spend very high on a 31-year-old guy.  

2.  I'll guess: $28/3, maybe 14 guaranteed.  $12 signing bonus, yearly salaries $2, $7, $7.  

3.  That would give yearly caps of $6-$11-$11.  Dead cap for year 3 would be $4.  

4.  If caps are $6 Graham and $5 Wilkerson, then you'd be at around $17 left factoring in draft.  

5.  I think if there are productive things to do in FA, that having rollover as low as $4 might be plausible, especially since Packers have a lot of contracts coming off after the season.  

As this day winds to a close and I reflect on what has occurred, I believe it to be truly historic.  Today we part ways with a Packer icon of the past decade.  From a gangly raw WR prospect out of KSU, Jordy Nelson became one of the most productive and beloved Packer of this generation.  He will certainly have a place in all of our hearts.

We then saw, almost incredulously, reports that GB had agreed to terms with the top TE prospect in 2018 FA.  What?  We're going to sign Jimmy Graham?  Suddenly, a position of need was filled with a dominant playmaking threat and a new weapon for ARod.  The day wasn't yet complete.

Seemingly moments later, the wire was buzzing that GB had agreed to terms with Mighty Mo Wilkerson, a formidable DE that will make the GB defensive line one of the best in the league.  What?  How can this be?  In one day, the 13th of March 2018, GB saw more action in FA than most fans had seen in years.

It was a historic, thrilling day!

9 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I know he was big in the 2014 draft but isn’t Cody Latimer a FA? I mean he has been literally nothing in DEN, but is only 25. Might be worth like a minimum deal?

I'd rather bring Janis back. He's gonna go ball somewhere at WR.

4 hours ago, Green19 said:

I know he was big in the 2014 draft but isn’t Cody Latimer a FA? I mean he has been literally nothing in DEN, but is only 25. Might be worth like a minimum deal?

I would love Cody. He, like Janis, is a special teams demon. Also has size and speed and what's more at the end of last season he started putting it together and had a few good games. I think we know what we have in Janis, here there is a possibility of getting something better in terms of wideout and if nothing else you'll get similar special teams play.

5 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

The Packers did try to replace Rodgers not once, not twice but three times!! its clear they don't feel he's is capable of giving them what they need out of a TE. Now they finally part ways once and for all.

Just now, Chili said:

The Packers did try to replace Rodgers not once, not twice but three times!! its clear they don't feel he's is capable of giving them what they need out of a TE. Now they finally part ways once and for all.

It's not like Rodgers isn't likely coming back as a backup or second tight end. 

44 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Really quick, somebody go ahead and compile a list of possible trade candidates at corner.  Look for players still on their rookie deals and look for players about to be free agents next offseason. 

I'll do it if you really quick go find the penny I dropped in my backyard. It's 10 acres. 

Archived