2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

4 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

So people have to apologize for being optimistic and saying to wait until the process is over? 

The guy had been the GM for what 2 months? There's still trades that can be made, free agents available for depth and the draft. Even if we don't field an average secondary week 1, I not going to apologize for giving the new front office a chance. 

So many people were telling us that trading Randall wasn't a big deal because we were going to be able to pull Free Agent CBs. 

But I'll revise my statement to "If we can't sign or trade for anybody decent"

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Thus my issue with spending time drinking the top shelf whisky (Wilkerson) rather than chasing one of available 7s. 

But I absolutely agree. A 1 year contract with Melvin is fine, but I'm afraid we're going to waste a year with a garbage secondary, and I'm not happy about it. 

Yeah I fear it too.

You never know, Patrick Robinson was one signing no one gave a flying .... about last off-season and he was crucial to the Eagles this year. Maybe we get lucky with someone.

11 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

So people have to apologize for being optimistic and saying to wait until the process is over? 

The guy had been the GM for what 2 months? There's still trades that can be made, free agents available for depth and the draft. Even if we don't field an average secondary week 1, I not going to apologize for giving the new front office a chance. 

Its been like this here the entire time. We make significant roster upgrades and people just look at the negatives.

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Valid, but we at least had great per-snap production out of Perry. We don't have anything from Melvin. 

I was just thinking out loud about what I thought he meant.

There is obviously still work to be done but at least Gute is making an effort.  It that I’m a TT hater but we’d still be sitting here without a FA in past years. We might or might not have Randal either if reports are correct the Packers considered cutting him last year and veteran players also asked the hierarchy to do the same.

King I have faith in. Was playing with one arm most of the year.

House can be an on 3, maybe 2 if he is able to fit in with What Pettine wants. 

Waters... heck I know you know but last year the coaching staffed propped him up quite a bit, not the media, the coaching staff. We might have something there

Rollins not sure if he has it.

We need one more CB in the draft. A trade up for Ward and a lot of concerns would go away. I’d like another mid range vet as well. 

House and Burnett are two guys I’d like back. House can’t be any better then 3rd on the CB depth chart. Relying on him to be a starter would be a failure but he would be nice depth. Losing Burnett will hurt. Brooks could be a nice depth signing too. I’d say Janis but why would he even want to come back to GB after never getting playing time. 

2 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

bc410727-34fe-4930-9179-1dc760b432f3.png

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0765675405058249681-4

Per Demovsky these are the FA's we have let test the waters. Do we see anyone we want back? Can we just cut the crap this year and sign Goode before we have to week 4?

I’d like to give House a shot. I’d like Rogers, Burnett, Goode but would let them see what their value is. Hopeing we made modest offers to all and they don’t find greener pastures. 

1 minute ago, MantyWrestler said:

I was just thinking out loud about what I thought he meant.

There is obviously still work to be done but at least Gute is making an effort.  It that I’m a TT hater but we’d still be sitting here without a FA in past years. We might or might not have Randal either if reports are correct the Packers considered cutting him last year and veteran players also asked the hierarchy to do the same.

King I have faith in. Was playing with one arm most of the year.

House can be an on 3, maybe 2 if he is able to fit in with What Pettine wants. 

Waters... heck I know you know but last year the coaching staffed propped him up quite a bit, not the media, the coaching staff. We might have something there

Rollins not sure if he has it.

We need one more CB in the draft. A trade up for Ward and a lot of concerns would go away. 

Let's not act like Thompson didn't go get Cook, Bennett, Peppers, etc. 

Graham would have been on the table for Thompson.

And I'll be entirely honest, with the exception of Graham (and let's not act like that's not a gamble) are we sure this is a better football team now than it would have been under Thompson?

Would you rather have Wilkerson, Graham, Kizer, and old picks than Randall, 17.5 (anywhere from 5-8 for Wilkerson, splitting the difference) million in cap, and the old picks?

13 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

bc410727-34fe-4930-9179-1dc760b432f3.png

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0765675405058249681-4

Per Demovsky these are the FA's we have let test the waters. Do we see anyone we want back? Can we just cut the crap this year and sign Goode before we have to week 4?

Burnett, Evans, Goode, Janis, and House if I wasn't sweating the CB situation so much already.

Archived