2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

26 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Okay.i was just thinking you went from we need speed to a guy who's not all that fast. If you want speed ebron would be the one I think

Eifert is fast enough to press the seam, which is what I am thinking when I say speed.  Ebron and Dickson are other options, but it would be smart to try to get the most complete TE left.

1 hour ago, Cadmus said:

Cobb's off the books next year. 

Not 100% sure he would cost that much just because the NFL is obsessed with draft pedigree and he's a former UDFA. 

If GB was able to trade for Tyrell Williams (huge fan of him and that happening for 3rd round comp or lower draft pick), you worry about having to pay him after the 2018 season.  If it needs to be a higher price, then you must assume that he played well in 2018.  Fully agree that with Cobb coming off the books, the $$ will be there.  

5 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

Eifert is fast enough to press the seam, which is what I am thinking when I say speed.  Ebron and Dickson are other options, but it would be smart to try to get the most complete TE left.

I have zero faith he can stay healthy. If he could I would be thrilled. Ebrons natural ability is interesting as hell but everything else is a mess.

5 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Bless u

Why tho. I remember liking Jeremy in the draft but haven't heard anything from him in years 

Look who he had to play behind. 

Ingram and Bosa. 

Those are my type of targets at EDGE.... the ones that were buried behind elite NFL talent.

Attaochu's 19 games pre-Joey Bosa ('15 + '16 Wks 1-4) --> 8 sacks. 

Can't get to the QB if you don't see the snaps, right?

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

not sure if this has been posted but wow....

According to ESPN Wisconsin, the Packers asked Nelson to take a pay cut from $9.25 million (his base salary for 2018) down to $1.1 million (the veteran minimum for someone with Nelson's experience). 

Totally okay and normal. No big deal. Just take an 85% pay cut. WE ALREADY PAID YOU DOUBLE YOUR GUARANTEED MONEY... You don't deserve anything else!!

1 minute ago, Cadmus said:

Look who he had to play behind. 

Ingram and Bosa. 

Those are my type of targets at EDGE. 

Attaochu's 19 games pre-Joey Bosa ('15 + '16 Wks 1-4) --> 8 sacks. 

Can't get to the QB if you don't see the snaps. 

Agree.   Could be a low tier $$ type option.  2 years with low SB and low base in year 1, bump it up in year to and see what happens.  

Bring in competition for the EDGE group.  AND same goes for CB!!!!!

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Agree.   Could be a low tier $$ type option.  2 years with low SB and low base in year 1, bump it up in year to and see what happens.  

Get the Gutester on the horn and make this happen!

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Big difference between the 2 positions is that there isn't much out there at EDGE in FA.  

Tons of viable options left at CB.  

Just now, Cadmus said:

Big difference between the 2 positions is that there isn't much out there at EDGE in FA.  

Tons of viable options left at CB.  

Agreed.  I was more referencing that getting someone in at CB would be nice.  I just do not want to go into the draft in a situation that almost forces the picks in rounds 1-3 to have to be at certain positions.  Keeping to the best value/player concept vs purely for need would be best.  

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

Yeah.  That's a different beast altogether.  4th rounder for Tyrell is fine, then you gotta pay the guy since he's an UFA next year so there's that to consider as well.  And based on the offseason goings on we are talking about 10+M per year for Williams.

Tyrell williams is legit and has exactly the skills we lack.

Trade a 4th for martavis bryant,  problem solved.

Archived