2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

For the love of God, would people stop saying Cousins isnt better than Case freaking Keenum? I mean I know we hate the Vikings but that simply is not a reasonable argument to even attempt to make. Vikings got Cousins, deal with it. Can we still beat them? Sure. Could they easily beat us? Sure. 

The argument isn't that Cousins isn't better than Keenum but simply he won't produce any better than what the Vikes just got out of Keenum this past season. The QB play/passing game last season for the Vikes was one of the best in the league. The big thing is that with Cousins there's likely a better bet of that production being sustained for this season and future seasons, whereas nobody is buying Keenum repeating his 2017 performance

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I'm prepared at any moment to open Twitter and see he's signed with one of the dumpster fire NY franchises.

if he signed here I just pray I'm wearing the right pants at that moment.

I've been telling my friends, in 10 minutes....He'll be a JET.

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

For the love of God, would people stop saying Cousins isnt better than Case freaking Keenum? I mean I know we hate the Vikings but that simply is not a reasonable argument to even attempt to make. Vikings got Cousins, deal with it. Can we still beat them? Sure. Could they easily beat us? Sure. 

This so much.

Anyone saying Cousins isn't an upgrade over CASE F'ING KEENUM is wearing their rose-tinted glasses. Clear as day. 

2 minutes ago, Csraverage said:

It would be nice if they announced later today, all at once, we've extended Cobb, extended Rodgers and signed Mathieu.

Not speculating (but kinda am), but I wonder if that's what they are waiting on? (the extensions)

Graham is in Green Bay this morning, so they'll have another press release today involving today's business transactions so we'll see if it's just Jimmy or if someone else is secretly in GB like Peppers and Bennett were.

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

About the Vikes...can we agree that so far they have "won" free agency?  Cousins and Richardson has to put them at or near the top of free agency.  (Not counting trades)

When is the last time a team won free agency and made it to a Super Bowl?

Last time a QB switched teams and went to a Super Bowl?   ...or won one?  (Even took Manning a while in Denver.)

Point being...is Minnesota gearing up?  Or are they treading water?  I don't think that Cousins is an upgrade over what Keenum did last year.  At best I think they can hope for the same results, which ain't bad by the way...  Defensively?  I think Floyd is about done, so they bring in Richardson.  That's a plus.  But that defense was shredded pretty good for the last 6 quarters of football that they played.

I'm unsure how much they really got better.  I feel more like they stayed the same from last year.  And I thought with a healthy Rodgers, we beat them twice last year.

New England had a great UFA when they signed both their starting CBs and then proceeded to win the Super Bowl.  Think Seattle won the Super Bowl after signing Michael Bennett and Cliff Arvil in an offseason as well.

Kurt Warner, Trent Dilfer and Nick Foles all come to mind in the last 20 years.  There are 2 or 3 more that were just on their second year with the team.  With New England going to 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Graham is in Green Bay this morning, so they'll have another press release today involving today's business transactions so we'll see if it's just Jimmy or if someone else is secretly in GB like Peppers and Bennett were.

Ill take a stab at a nickname, Old man Graham...

49 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think it's a given that Cousins will play better than Keenum just did. Keenum played very well most of the season regardless of whether or not you were scared!

Let’s not act like Kirk Cousins is a top 10 QB, he’s not. Is it a slight upgrade? Probably, but Keenum played pretty well last year.

This move by no means make them the overwhelming favorite in the NFC or the NFC North .

Archived