2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Be patient.  Free agency just started a week ago. 

We deserve apologies! AG included. Everyone else was sure once evil Ted was gone nothing could go wrong. Whoops. 

I still have faith something big is gonna happen in a trade somehow. Maybe I'm insane...

I do have to admit tings are getting a bit frustrating with our departures and inbounds. The move for Fuller seemed desperate to me, but then again it's hard to know what's going on behind the scenes and what leads to some of these decisions. I myself wouldn't have taken Graham over Nelson but the club saw fit. Until we fall on our faces though I'll keep some faith.

31 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

We deserve apologies! AG included. Everyone else was sure once evil Ted was gone nothing could go wrong. Whoops. 

I still have faith something big is gonna happen in a trade somehow. Maybe I'm insane...

Telling you, I keep telling myself a trade is in the works. 

30 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Hurns would be impressive in our offense. I'm taking him in if I can.

Hurns would be a great get, but a team like the Jets is probably going to give him $10-11 million because that's what they do. 

Just now, cooters22 said:

We got rid of one kneeler, gonna get rid of another, so nah I think we should pass.

We gonna get rid of Kevin King, too? 

I'm as patriotic as you can get, but if a player can help this defense, I don't care if they worm danced during the anthem.  I'd like to sign them. 

30 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I do have to admit tings are getting a bit frustrating with our departures

You want a better defense ? You need better players. This is the tear-down portion of the remodel project

Out with the old....and then, in with the new. This shouldn't be a surprise to anybody. The defensive re-build has a ways to go but that's the limitations of the draft and the cap

As noted by others, it may be a 2 year process. The Packers made the playoffs 8 years in a row - and that means drafting late 8 years in a row. Its gonna take some time to build it all up again, certainly until July 2018, maybe into 2019 before you have all the pieces you need.

R-E-L-A-X and let it play out.

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm as patriotic as you can get, but if a player can help this defense, I don't care if they worm danced for LGBT pride during the anthem.  I'd like to sign them. 

I didn't say get rid of anybody. But I wouldn't go out of my way to bring in a guy. And sorry my military allegiance over the Packers. Football is just a game, my favorite game and Packers are my only team, but it's still a game. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm as patriotic as you can get, but if a player can help this defense, I don't care if they worm danced for LGBT pride during the anthem.  I'd like to sign them. 

No I didn't mean King. I think Kendrick's will be gone too is what I meant along with Bennett. 

1 hour ago, NormSizedMidget said:

The other thing is, the salary cap isn’t a use-it-or-lose-it proposition. You can count that whatever money is available will be spent at some point to improve the team. Maybe the right deal’s not available now, but it may help allow them take a bigger swing in 2019, when they’re supposed to get a good deal of cap space (currently looking at $50.5m cap space assuming $187m cap). Even if you don’t spend it in FA, the space allows you to trade for a high $ player.

That’s why I wouldn’t hyperventilate on whether something isn’t spent immediately this minute. I still would figure they’ll have some more smaller signings this offseason.

10 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

You want a better defense ? You need better players. This is the tear-down portion of the remodel project

Out with the old....and then, in with the new. This shouldn't be a surprise to anybody. The defensive re-build has a ways to go but that's the limitations of the draft and the cap

As noted by others, it may be a 2 year process. The Packers made the playoffs 8 years in a row - and that means drafting late 8 years in a row. Its gonna take some time to build it all up again, certainly until July 2018, maybe into 2019 before you have all the pieces you need.

R-E-L-A-X and let it play out.

I'm relaxed and all in for a tear down but my point would be tearing down didn't seem to be the flavor of the day when we bring in Graham for a large sum of money and Mwilk. It just doesn't nor didn't add up. Still doesn't, i noted I unlike some have faith. It could be a two year plan but why not then invest heavier in younger untapped or uknownw talent and dump old aging high priced talent. Graham seems to be the later. Again all in all it is what it is. My life, job, marriage and day to day life will go on weather the pack win or lose. I'll watch and cheer, like any other week. Just puzzling on some moves whether we make or don't make the playoffs. Shoot allot of us that have followed for along time have gone through the last decade of pretty boring offseasons. Oh well good luck to us lets hope that the in-house glasses are clearer than most of ours.

15 minutes ago, cooters22 said:

I didn't say get rid of anybody. But I wouldn't go out of my way to bring in a guy. And sorry my military allegiance over the Packers. Football is just a game, my favorite game and Packers are my only team, but it's still a game. 

Flag =/= military either though.

Archived