2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

So what do people think we're going to do? Do we sign another corner and draft one or more? Rely solely on the draft? Personally, if we could bring back House, trade up for Ward (if he's still there around pick 7), and then snag another corner later in the draft I'd be content.

7 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

So what do people think we're going to do? Do we sign another corner and draft one or more? Rely solely on the draft? Personally, if we could bring back House, trade up for Ward (if he's still there around pick 7), and then snag another corner later in the draft I'd be content.

I might not be in the mainstream on this, but I'm not all that hot to bring House back. Not that I dont value and appreciate what he did for us last year, but I think his body may have reached a critical mass regards injuries and ability to fully put it out there anymore. Tramon gives us stability and a veteran presence. I'm not sure having Williams AND House in the same secondary is the most competitive we can field.

11 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I liked him coming out of the draft a lot. Sucks he hasn't panned out.

I hope he can contribute somehow, but if Waters, Pipkins, and others pass him on the depth chart he's probably cut. 2015 is not looking like it was a good year for us. 

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Thanks for the info on Matthews and congrats on the SB win

I need to change my user name. I'm actually a Packers fan from North Dakota. "TheEagle" is in reference to former UND goalie, Ed Belfour (NHL Hall of Famer). I have followed the Eagles closely since Wentz got there. Matthews isn't elite, but he's a good player (+ versatile and a team leader) who could get back to the types of seasons he had his first three years with ARod. He's certainly light years better than Geronimo.

2 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I hope he can contribute somehow, but if Waters, Pipkins, and others pass him on the depth chart he's probably cut. 2015 is not looking like it was a good year for us. 

Ty, Jake Ryan, Rip, and Hundley left, could be worse lol

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

We didn’t draft him to play RB. We drafted him bcuz he was an extremely talented WR in college football.  We moved him to RB as a last resort bcuz we had no choice.  He only got a shortened season’s look at WR bcuz of his rib injury.  It’s not that I don’t believe it can work.  It does work.  We’ve seen it.  It’s just that I remember why we drafted him and how good he can be there.

We’ve got Jones and Williams now at RB and we’re hurting for depth at WR.  It seems like a good time to switch him back but like you said, MM already said he’s staying at RB.  He’s had the physical makeover as you said plus the mental dynamic of the position change.

Let’s just continue to take advantage of his versatility and utilize him in multiple spots on the field.  Let’s use him in more WR sets.  

When he was drafted there was literally literally talk about using him in the backfield and how he can be a gadget player and him being built like a running back. Why can't he be a running back used the other way. What does it matter...

I think it's too late to come back. Leave him there and find ways to use him in the pass game. Think he caught 10 passes or so one of his first games at running back. 

I think the idea going back makes sense more than leaving him there is over done. No offense intended.

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

Ty, Jake Ryan, Rip, and Hundley left, could be worse lol

True, and maybe Rollins surprised us and makes a comeback. Stranger things have happened. 

If Montgomery can stay healthy he could be the best of 2015 lol

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

When he was drafted there was literally literally talk about using him in the backfield and how he can be a gadget player and him being built like a running back. Why can't he be a running back used the other way. What does it matter...

I think it's too late to come back. Leave him there and find ways to use him in the pass game. Think he caught 10 passes or so one of his first games at running back. 

I think the idea going back makes sense more than leaving him there is over done. No offense intended.

Surprising he caught all those passes at RB in retrospect. Aaron isn't exactly known for throwing passes their way a whole lot. 

Just now, Kepler said:

Surprising he caught all those passes at RB in retrospect. Aaron isn't exactly known for throwing passes their way a whole lot. 

He probably realized it ruined his ypa and stopped. Kidding but kinda not

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yup. MM likes Monty as a match-up advantage, he used Cobb and even Devante out of  the backfield too. It just stresses the defense when they are matching up personnel and packages. And AR can motion them to decipher the defensive calls.

He's also an asset when setting the 46 on gameday - he can play RB, WR, PR, KR allowing you to go lighter/ heavier at certain positions. Packers have used RB3 as the KR in the past.

25 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

The first bears game Rodgers just kept checking it down to him and he'd pick up 10 yards each time

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

This is kinda an off the wall question, but...when free agents come in for a visit, do they bring their agent along, or do they come alone? Just wondering.

I would assume they bring their agent, via their phone. That article about Russ Ball, and his negotiating prowess around the league said that most negotiations take place via phone, text & email nowadays.

Archived