2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

So, if I could get ODB for 2 years and he didn’t act a fool, I’d take that in a heartbeat.

Could you imagine Adams/Cobb/Graham/ODB? All of sudden we have the best receiving corps in the NFL. Rodgers would be guaranteed 5k yards and 40 TDs. 

Just now, Siman08/OH said:

So, if I could get ODB for 2 years and he didn’t act a fool, I’d take that in a heartbeat.

Could you imagine Adams/Cobb/Graham/ODB? All of sudden we have the best receiving corps in the NFL. Rodgers would be guaranteed 5k yards and 40 TDs. 

Until he's hurt because he's passing every down because our defense sans pass rushers and a top pick are giving up 35...:(

1 minute ago, Siman08/OH said:

No, no......he'd be out to take down Tom Terrific's TD record.

Just now, Leader said:

No, no......he'd be out to take down Tom Terrific's TD record.

I know yards don’t mean anything and he has never been a high yardage guy, but so many passes would go for extended yards that I think he’d get it.

That TD record could fall with that offense, as long as we don’t hand it off in the red zone.

But with our running game getting better we might...points are points though. Would be exciting times.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Sort of.

Its often a point of negotiation between the player and the team. The team wants to mach their revenue to their outlay, so they may split the signing bonus pay-out over a 6-12 month period. The Chargers and Bosa fought about this when he held out, it was a matter of when he got all of his payments. Chargers wanted to wait until all of the season-ticket cash came in between March/April, while Bosa wanted it a bit earlier. In that regard, "right away" means within about a year

When you get into these monster bonuses,  it takes some financial planning. Teams don't want to carry $50 million in their checking account

Some organizations also get around this by having garaunteed roster bonuses that trigger on [this day of the league year] during [this year of the contract]. Since those guarantees are not already paid up front, like a signing bonus, then those are paid by the receiving team of a player in a trade. That’s what made the Brock Oswiler deal happen. Houston ate the signing bonus, but CLE ate the rest of the guaranteed money and took HOU’s 2nd round pick to do it. 

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He said Gute would say 'yes' so fast if OBJ were offered to us for Nick Perry and pick 14.

I’d do it if they gave OBJ a signing bonus pre-trade to cover a portion of Perry’s bonus money we’d eat on the deal. Then we extend him 2-3 years but get a discount since NY paid him 10M or so this year. We’d have to give up more though - so maybe you eat the money and save on draft capital. Two first round picks is stiff to pay for OBJ coming off injury in a contract year. 

19 minutes ago, blankman0021 said:

I’d do it if they gave OBJ a signing bonus pre-trade to cover a portion of Perry’s bonus money we’d eat on the deal. Then we extend him 2-3 years but get a discount since NY paid him 10M or so this year. We’d have to give up more though - so maybe you eat the money and save on draft capital. Two first round picks is stiff to pay for OBJ coming off injury in a contract year. 

Ew dislike.

Pick 14 for a stupid expensive WR with a maturity problem? While we already have a top 10 paid WR? Hard pass. Hard hard HARD pass.

" The L.A. Rams, according to multiple NFL sources, already have talked with the Giants about possibly trading for the dynamic wide receiver and turning him from a Big Apple phenom into a Hollywood star "

He lives in LA and plays in New York City...

That's why he's a horrible fit in Green Bay, WI... and you don't need to be a rocket surgeon to figure that out... B|

1 minute ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I promise that Jordy was a faster player in college and in the NFL, regardless of their 40 yard dash time.  

This, Jordy plays faster then he's timed at and Matthews the other way around.

Archived