2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

6 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Lol jordys drop in the superb owl wasn’t that bad

How about this one? Significantly worse than Janis' drop. For the record, I am not in any way shape or form comparing Janis to Jordy Nelson. Just pointing out one drop doesn't define what a player is or capable of. Hell the majority of yall were doing the same damn thing with Davante Adams in his sophmore year. Bet yall all sing his damn praises now.

2 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

How about this one? Significantly worse than Janis' drop. For the record, I am not in any way shape or form comparing Janis to Jordy Nelson. Just pointing out one drop doesn't define what a player is or capable of. Hell the majority of yall were doing the same damn thing with Davante Adams in his sophmore year. Bet yall all sing his damn praises now.

Jordy is a stud who dropped a pass, Janis was a guy who couldn't get on the field and when he did he dropped a TD in a game we lost.

This is like saying a Le'Veon Bell fumble and a Davante Mays fumble are the same thing. It's not even comparable.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

If by getting it done you mean ran in a straight line really fast, I agree.

In a playoff game against one of the best secondaries in the NFL with literal *** around him at WR..

11 targets, 7 receptions, 145 yards, 2 TDs

That's getting it done. 

1 minute ago, packerrfan74 said:

In a playoff game against one of the best secondaries in the NFL with literal *** around him at WR..

11 targets, 7 receptions, 145 yards, 2 TDs

That's getting it done. 

Like 100 yards of that came on 2 plays where he ran fast in a straight line.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Jordy is a stud who dropped a pass, Janis was a guy who couldn't get on the field and when he did he dropped a TD in a game we lost.

This is like saying a Le'Veon Bell fumble and a Davante Mays fumble are the same thing. It's not even comparable.

From the limited sample size of targets we have of regular season and playoff Janis... that drop is an outlier. 

7 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

I’d say he did pretty well the majority of the time 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Like 100 yards of that came on 2 plays where he ran fast in a straight line.

Wait, I thought football was all who's fastest in a straight line? Have I been lied to by the members here??!

1 minute ago, packerrfan74 said:

From the limited sample size of targets we have of regular season and playoff Janis... that drop is an outlier. 

He got passed this season by Michael Clark after being in a Packer uni for a week. Janis is not an NFL receiver. He's Kaseem Osgood or Kris Slater. A player who's position is strictly ST, but because that's not an official NFL position, he's listed as a WR.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Right.  Because when Le'Veon Bell fumbles it is funny.  When Davante Mays fumbles it sucks.

Oh that isn't what you mean?

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He got passed this season by Michael Clark after being in a Packer uni for a week. Janis is not an NFL receiver. He's Kaseem Osgood or Kris Slater. A player who's position is strictly ST, but because that's not an official NFL position, he's listed as a WR.

With how much tug Rodgers has clearly had inside of the organization you don't think it's possible his obvious displeasure with Janis had anything to do with his demotion?

Again, I'm not clamoring over here that Janis is some all world WR. Just that I think he is a decent enough offensive weapon that was severely misused (or just not used at all) during a time when the lack of speed on our offense was a huge reason our offense struggled. Do I think his tangibles and potential are enough to keep him around on this roster as a WR? Maybe. What you can't argue is we lost one of the best special teamers in the league.

14 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Wait, I thought football was all who's fastest in a straight line? Have I been lied to by the members here??!

Yes. Football is about who carries the highest percentage of freakish alien DNA. 

Archived