2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Very good special teams player, who never seemed to put it all together at WR.  He produced when given some opportunities ... even in a playoff game when he was forced into a starting role.  The coaches and Qb never seemed to trust him though, and his offensive opportunities dwindled the past few years.

A few guys in our forum are really excited by this pick up

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think we keep seeing a pattern repeating .. a failure by the Packers coaching staff to put players in a position to succeed.  They either play guys out of position, or fail to find packages for them to utilize their skills.  Now I'm not trying to say Janis had this great untapped potential, but there were some things he could have done to help on offense.  Smart move for him to bolt the Packers.

I’m in agreement, and to address @Green19 points about Rodgers, I’ll say this: if MM is letting Rodgers play favorites, then he’s not not running this team, or running it well, anyway.  Look at Belichick and Brady - they are notorious for plugging just about anyone in the roster and planning a strategy around the strengths of their personnel.  Perhaps Janis was underutilized as a WR - I really don’t know, nor can I say it was Rodgers fault.  The only evidence I can point to is that MM’s schemes don’t allow the flexibility that Belichick and company do, to get the most out of what they have to work with.

2 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

A few guys in our forum are really excited by this pick up

He'll do better with a QB other than Rodgers. I'd very much doubt he ever comes close to matching the hopes and drams that will start to grow when people look at his physical #s but with a QB who is less picky than Rodgers, I'd guess he'd be good for a few very entertaining plays on offense over the course of the season. Can only really run slants and verts, though.

Just now, Spartacus said:

Anyone think of pulling the trigger on Raiders King?

Why?  Because he's different from what we have, or because we need a punter?  Vogel was 11th in Net Average and he's being paid like an undrafted free agent.  Cutting the 11th best net average punter to go from good to better at punting and pay more for a punter makes as much sense as horse crap in a garage. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Why?  Because he's different from what we have, or because we need a punter?  Vogel was 11th in Net Average and he's being paid like an undrafted free agent.  Cutting the 11th best net average punter to go from good to better at punting and pay more for a punter makes as much sense as horse crap in a garage. 

Is Vogel still on the team? I thought he was a FA.

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

11th?

My read of ESPN stats is that Vogel was 7th best with a 41.6 net yards whereas King was 3rd @ 42.7 net yards. Now - our punt coverage team had something to do with that stat / ranking. How much will that change? No clue at this stage. 

Add on edit: King showed a stronger leg (if you want to consider the stat in that way) with simple average punt yard (47.4 versus 44.4 yards) - but kicking rocks in Lambeau later in the year probably didnt enhance Vogels numbers.

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

He isn't even a restricted free agent until 2020. 

My bad then. No need. I thought we had no punter right now. Although I suppose you could argue anything that could potentially help the defense is a plus. 

13 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

I think there is a good chance we land Breeland after he recovers. Are people okay with our CBs being:

Breeland

Williams

King

1-3 round rookie?

I think thats still a solid group.

If Breeland performs better than House did/does, and the rookie works his way into a starting role during the season, I think that's a substantial improvement over last year. 

Archived