2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

5 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

And people downvoted me into oblivion the other day on Reddit for saying he's stiff and can't play corner lol

His Short Shuttle would've been tied for 3rd worst at the 2018 NFL Combine for all DBs. 

His 3-Cone would've been dead last by 0.41 at the 2018 NFL Combine for all DBs. 

EDIT- 

His 3-Cone would've been dead last at the 2018 NFL Combine for all TEs. 

2 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

His Short Shuttle would've been tied for 3rd worst at the 2018 NFL Combine for all DBs. 

His 3-Cone would've been dead last by 0.41 at the 2018 NFL Combine for all DBs. 

I had no idea about that even. But you can see it pretty clearly he isn't agile. But he was fast in a straight line so he's good at football and stuff haha

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I had no idea about that even. But you can see it pretty clearly he isn't agile. But he was fast in a straight line so he's good at football and stuff haha

Brice has the worst 3C time of any DB (EVER) signed during the Ted Thompson era (that includes ALL UDFAs). 

Short Shuttle is near the bottom as well. 

9 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

And people downvoted me into oblivion the other day on Reddit for saying he's stiff and can't play corner lol

Norm, Norm....you should be downvoted just for hanging out at Reddit so much.

34 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Norm, Norm....you should be downvoted just for hanging out at Reddit so much.

I normally don't post there because it sucks but when all these idiots were going he's gonna be our "slot corner" because of an article some idiot wrote I just couldn't not poo poo it

33 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I normally don't post there because it sucks but when all these idiots were going he's gonna be our "slot corner" because of an article some idiot wrote I just couldn't not poo poo it

Yeah that's a ridiculous take. The last person I want in the slot is Kentrell Brice. I think Thompson bended the 3-cones we look for because Brice has great Special Teams skills, which is pretty much just running in a straight line anyway. The way he has played safety at least averagely has been a surprise but he should never, ever, play corner. 

2 hours ago, Cadmus said:

Corey Linsley 3C- 7.46

Kentrell Brice 3C- 7.66

Brice is in the league his numbers don't mean much to me. The UDFA's agility stuff is so hit and miss. A lot of those are outside and honestly the guys who are priority FAs dont train nearly as much in these drills.

Brice is a stiff DB, I bet you he beats Corey Linsley in the 3 cone if he trains for a few days and runs it. Good thing he's a S and that number really doesn't matter too much.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Brice is in the league his numbers don't mean much to me. The UDFA's agility stuff is so hit and miss. A lot of those are outside and honestly the guys who are priority FAs dont train nearly as much in these drills.

Brice is a stiff DB, I bet you he beats Corey Linsley in the 3 cone if he trains for a few days and runs it. Good thing he's a S and that number really doesn't matter too much.

1) Not to that extent (7.66) ... That 3C is straight up HORRIBLE... no two ways about it. 

2) That's all I was trying to highlight... is that Brice is extremely stiff. Well that, and the fact that I don't think he belongs anywhere on the field except on STs. You want to use him occasionally (see: rarely) on defense... fine, but I don't want him to be considered even a "contributor" on defense in any way, shape or form. 

16 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

1) Not to that extent (7.66) ... That 3C is straight up HORRIBLE... no two ways about it. 

2) That's all I was trying to highlight... is that Brice is extremely stiff. Well that, and the fact that I don't think he belongs anywhere on the field except on STs. You want to use him occasionally (see: rarely) on defense... fine, but I don't want him to be considered even a "contributor" on defense in any way, shape or form. 

Haha certainly does. His tweets last night were super interesting...

27 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Sorry but Brice was the best looking rookie from the 2016 class last preseason, I remember a scout the MJS interviewed saying his film was better than 1st round DBs in the preseason. Any workout number is totally over-written by how they perform.

Archived