2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, Cadmus said:

Who else?

maybe Connor Barwin, Ahmad Brooks, Quentin Dial, Jahri Evans ( Evans signed on 4/26 last year)

Here's a blurb on TE Gary Barnidge and why he sat out last year - didn't feel the vet minimum was a fair deal for him

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/gary-barnidge-tight-end-nfl-free-agency-2018-browns-panthers-teams/8n1antvbb5r2170hocx4a45g2

"I was trying to weigh, 'Do I go play for a little bit of money or I can sit at home, rest my body, still get paid something and then be ready to go for next year and get another opportunity,'" Barnidge said. "There wasn't a right opportunity for me to play with anybody because everybody was trying to get me for the lowest (price) they can get. It didn't make sense."

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

maybe Connor Barwin, Ahmad Brooks, Quentin Dial, Jahri Evans ( Evans signed on 4/26 last year)

Here's a blurb on TE Gary Barnidge and why he sat out last year - didn't feel the vet minimum was a fair deal for him

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/gary-barnidge-tight-end-nfl-free-agency-2018-browns-panthers-teams/8n1antvbb5r2170hocx4a45g2

"I was trying to weigh, 'Do I go play for a little bit of money or I can sit at home, rest my body, still get paid something and then be ready to go for next year and get another opportunity,'" Barnidge said. "There wasn't a right opportunity for me to play with anybody because everybody was trying to get me for the lowest (price) they can get. It didn't make sense."

Because he was already being paid $700,000 from Cleveland for the 2017 NFL season. 

Different story this year. 

He's stated that he wants to play again in 2018.... and we still have Angelichio. 

8 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Yeah, that history surely helps. Brian got the most out of him and I think the admiration is mutual

Get er done Gute

I mean we can give Barnidge a 1 Year $915,000 Contract w/ 80k signing bonus --> $995,000 ($630,000 cap hit) 

Same thing for Lane --> a 1 Year $915,000 Contract w/ 80k signing bonus --> $995,000 ($630,000 cap hit) 

Wheaton -->  a 1 Year $790,000 Contract w/ 80k signing bonus --> $870,000 ($630,000 cap hit) 

These are the types of moves that Thompson didn't make (often enough) that frustrated me. 

I mean... we signed Christine Michael to a veteran minimum salary benefit contract in the past... why can't we do that more often? 

Just to be clear. 

Geronimo Allison and Marwin Evans have cap hits of $630,000 in 2018. 

Brice, Hawkins, Murphy, Davis and Goodson (if they make the roster) will have cap hits north of $630,000 in 2018. 

20 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Long neck on that dude:

barnidge_gary.jpg

11364.png&w=350&h=254

29 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This is the biggest reason I don't want him.  Dez hasn't even done anything bad as a person or stupid or majorly unsportsmanlike like Beckham and such.  He's really not a bad person at all and hasn't even complained about targets all that much in his career.  He is, however, extremely bipolar, and I just think that type of personality is a bad thing for any team.  Bipolar disorder is very difficult to deal with.  Trust me, I'm bipolar.  Imagine a Horizon in that locker room. 

For the record, if we draft LVE at 14 I'm going full HZ.:D

57 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Same thing for Lane --> a 1 Year $915,000 Contract w/ 80k signing bonus --> $995,000 ($630,000 cap hit) 

Pretty sure Adams/Cobb have legitimate beef with Lane. Lane was ejected for punching Adams last year and there have be other instances with Cobb before that. I have a hard time believing they will invite him into the locker room. 

Archived