The Official Michigan Wolverines Thread

1King

20 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

I honestly think they will have better recruiting classes after him. Not that recruiting class are a good measure but just a gut feeling. 

“Better” meaning higher ranked by guys who are not employed by football teams.  

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Pete Carroll history says no. 

Business has changed. They just don’t like Jim.  You were all taken for a self exposing ride. Cardboard sign stealing lol.  “They knew our plays” lol whatever you need to tell yourselves. (Not you in particular obviously) 

Hate to see Harbaugh leave. All time great coach and legend but he did his job. Turned the program around and won it all.  Things will be in good hands with Moore. Losing Minter will suck really really hope they can keep Herbert.  Scouting is my biggest concern going forward.  Few are better with more connections to find those gems than Jim.  

Lol at Stroud trying to buy a compensatory pair of gold paints he could never earn.  Good luck with that.

Edited by BigC421/

51 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Business has changed. They just don’t like Jim.  You were all taken for a self exposing ride. Cardboard sign stealing lol.  “They knew our plays” lol whatever you need to tell yourselves. (Not you in particular obviously) 

Hate to see Harbaugh leave. All time great coach and legend but he did his job. Turned the program around and won it all.  Things will be in good hands with Moore. Losing Minter will suck really really hope they can keep Herbert.  Scouting is my biggest concern going forward.  Few are better with more connections to find those gems than Jim.  

Lol at Stroud trying to buy a compensatory pair of gold paints he could never earn.  Good luck with that.

I said not that recruiting rankings matter. Not sure your need to defend every comment but okay 

2 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

You are way too hung up on the sign stealing. Harbaugh has been hit with NCAA violations numerous times from improper practices to improper recruiting practices... Multiple times.

You're right on saying I just don't like the guy but even if Jim had nothing to do with the sign stealing fiasco there is no disputing the fact that he's shown a blatant disregard for NCAA rules while he was head coach.

My hope is that if the Moore is indeed elevated to head coach he doesn't follow Harbaugh's footsteps of thinking he's above the rules.... Eventually it's going to bite us in the *** in a more serious manner.

11 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

When Brian Kelly was right there for the taking?

I think it was the right call. Less kids will leave plus until sanctions come out or outcome of investigation it'll be hard to get coach.

Moore can now be the fall guy if things don't pan out and can him in couple years 

On 1/25/2024 at 6:28 PM, BigC421/ said:

hi conner 

Majority of me thinks NCAA will drop

some punishment but a small part of me hopes rest of college world head explodes if the penalty is small.

So tired of hearing about this scandal. All teams have cheated to some level over the years. Zero doubt. Michigan deserves something. Zero doubt.

Just tired of all the hypocritical talk taking place because all teams have cheated. 

Think just for sake of hilariousness wouldn't mind seeing this whole thing go a different direction than I expect. Solely based on hypocritical comments all over social media. People shouldn't throw stones living in glass houses 

11 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Hart is rumored to have quit too but can't confirm that. 

Not sure how this staff going to look but it's a huge change 

The stuff I have read is he is stepping away to look for other opportunities. It sounds like he wants to be more than the RB coach. He always said he wants to be HC of Michigan some day. So assuming he is stepping away to gain more experience that he won’t currently get at Michigan.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 7:37 PM, JammerHammer21 said:

When Brian Kelly was right there for the taking?

Continuity. Keeps this (fresh off a NC) team intact instead of hiring purpleface to blow it up. I’d rather keep Graham, Grant and Johnson on this defense for at least another year.

besides, Kelly’s stint at LSU has been less than impressive considering the level he’s been recruiting at.

Edited by Miblue

4 hours ago, Miblue said:

Continuity. Keeps this (fresh off a NC) team intact instead of hiring purpleface to blow it up. I’d rather keep Graham, Grant and Johnson on this defense for at least another year.

besides, Kelly’s stint at LSU has been less than impressive considering the level he’s been recruiting at.

Actually liking all the hires for the staff so far for UM as well