The Official Michigan Wolverines Thread

1King

I want to see a list of all the top teams and NIL money. Curious where Michigan falls.

Now with reports that OSU is sitting between 13-15 million payroll for their team I would like to see where all these teams land 

Edited by detfan782004

10 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I want to see a list of all the top teams and NIL money. Curious where Michigan falls.

Now with reports that OSU is sitting between 13-15 million payroll for their team I would like to see where all these teams land 

UM is supposedly 10th.

Alabama and Mississippi are incredibly poor states. Must be why they don't make it.

9 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

UM is supposedly 10th.

Alabama and Mississippi are incredibly poor states. Must be why they don't make it.

I assume USC and Texas are at the top because those two QBs got paid that much money.  Obviously Ohio State is not afraid of paying up for players just look at them in 2024 with Downs, Judkins, Howard and Sayin...they did not go to Ohio State for free, possibly in 2024 for a National Title I guess also.  Texas A&M obviously pays up for players but never paid up for a QB to the level of Caleb Williams...  Florida State clearly had the best transfer class last year in terms of quality players and are doing it again in 2024 but not to the same level of players.

SMU on the list is a surprise no question, so is Auburn with how weak they were as a team this past year but they did get a lot of transfers. 

Funny they call it Name Image Likeness (NIL), because really it is just millionaire boosters paying football players to come to your school and help them win.  It has nothing to do with selling or advertising really for most guys, it almost seems like just flat out giving them money through a "collective" or "cooperative" .   Sure some big names one sees on a commercial but that is only for the top famous ones.  Wasn't Jordan Addison given a house or something to go to USC, how wonderful for college sports.  Michigan players got in big trouble for getting free shoes back with the Fab-Five, now players are given houses or sports cars or just straight money to come play.

There is a reason Nick Saban retired and Jim Harbaugh is going back to the NFL, college football is a total **** shoe and there are so little rules to what can actually happen and it does not make the sport more competitive it just makes the rich teams richer.  

It was inevitable one way or the other, we got the best out of him before he went

Hopefully they will promote Moore and benefit from the rigamarole they went through last year in that he did a good job and got players on his side and so maybe the team won't suffer too bad from the transfer portal

12 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

It was inevitable one way or the other, we got the best out of him before he went

Hopefully they will promote Moore and benefit from the rigamarole they went through last year in that he did a good job and got players on his side and so maybe the team won't suffer too bad from the transfer portal

he had a very experienced team that helped him. Gonna be curious how he handles everything now that it is his program. He will need to drop one of his roles really, if not both. Cant really be HC, OC, and OL coach maybe 2 of the 3 but even that is a really hard task for a first-time-ever HC

7 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I wonder if him leaving will effect any NCAA punishment that Michigan may be facing.

Like I wonder if since the guy who was in charge when it happened is already gone they'll be more lenient.

Pete Carroll history says no. 

• Like 1