The Official Michigan Wolverines Thread

1King

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@BigC421/

Oops that’s weird @naptownskinsfan @MikeT14

That’s my user from the old forum, I didn’t get the switch over done for the new forum on time despite webby’s constant reminders. Caused me all kinds of issues and could never get it back like he warned would happen.  I assure you I’ve never been banned. Even that tag has my join date as 2017 so I really don’t know. I’ve been here since the Millen era 

Edited by BigC421/
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Penn St just is never going to take the next step with Franklin. At home and Big Ten gifting them a last minute suspension and still didn't have what it takes.

Michigan literally just ran it down their throats 

McCarthy not having a pass attempt in the entire second half (due to the one pass play being a PI penalty) spoke volumes. But, it was also a way to slow down Chop Robinson and the pass rush.

Maryland was the perfect combo of ultimate trap game ( inbetween 2 best opponents of season) and major distractions including a coach getting fired days before the game ( despite early OSU troll reports it appears computer crimes had nothing to do with this and he was basically coaching some kids on what to say). 

This was a less than importance but at the same time a lot like Illinois last year hopefully a couple lessons learned at just the right time.  JJ isn’t 100% and Harbaugh being out is obviously effecting the play calling. Despite the public comments that Harbaugh isn’t involved in game day play calling the past few years it’s pretty apparent that’s just not true.  The offense has lacked its zen the past 2 games. There’s just been a bit of a predictability under Moore.  It made some sense against PSU with a combination of elite edge rushers, silent count/crowd noise and confidence the D could hold but there is no reason the shouldn’t have hung 50 on Maryland.  JJ missing the late deep pass to Johnson is worrisome. 

The OT’s have been terrible. The oline is good but it’s essentially starting 5 guards.  No one can block on the edges. Hopefully Henderson is healthy but the OT’s have been mostly equally as bad In pass pro. 

Michigan played PSU a lot better than OSU did.  I’ll give OSU credit for winning the 4th qter of that game but overall that game was a split.  If it wasmt for a 3 minute stretch of obscene ref interference that caused a 14 pt swing psu wins that game.  Michigan beat psu by 15 but had a late game ending pick taking of the board with 4 minutes left to keep things interesting.  They mostly dominated the game.  That said, psu’s pass rush dominated Michigan oline. 

As for the Maryland game couple good lessons A) I love me some Will Johnson and think he will be a 1st rd pick in another year when he’s eligible. That said him slipping up and getting beat deep a few times was probably the best thing that could have happened to Minters game plan.  You can’t just expect him to go man up Marvin with no help and get away with it. The key will be to limit the big plays. Normally I’d say limit to FG’s but I have a feeling this will be an all in game for Day. A lot of 6 or nothing drives.  The other good lesson learned is JJ, yeah he’s banged up but we saw some of the same I feel untouchable throws we haven’t seen sense BG game against Maryland.  I think he leans on Harbaugh and is most effected by all this.  They need a good scripted game plan for him.  Wilson’s health is huge.  I think we see a small Orji package too, possible for tush push situations although UM is as good as anyone in short yardage as is probably don’t break.  Few 50/50 balls with Loveland outside would be nice.  JJ’s health so important just because I think he needs to be prepared to run whenever it’s available.  

I was at 90% confidence a few weeks ago. Probably down to 65% now. OSU is playing there best ball all year and Harbaugh is our rock but this should still be a W.  Go Blue Beat Ohio

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2023 at 11:48 AM, detfan782004 said:

They just don't have the same talent gap as last couple years. QB play has been better on OSU side. More reliable weapon at Wr and UM running game not doing well.

Tack on all the distraction and noise of this scandal and it's too much for UM imo.

Think this game goes back in favor of OSU 

Aged like milk