The Reuben Foster Legal File Thread

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Or maybe today's statement is EXACTLY what happened and EXACTLY what Ruben told them happened. They believed him, which is why they didn't cut him. Its why they were blindsided by the accusations made when they charged him and made the statement that 'his future would depend on what was learned during the legal process'. 

Is it possible that he paid her? of course its possible. I think it is more likely that she felt guilty or that she knew the truth would somehow come out in court and decided to come clean. 

Yeah I agree with this not because I want foster to be clean for football reasons but it just makes no sense to me to go so public and say you lied if there's a settlement.

45 minutes ago, Forge said:

Or he paid her. I mean, I hate to be that guy, but that's a possibility, let's be real.

Paid her off or wanted the NFL child support money if they have a child? 

But this definitely explains why Lynch said what he did a few days ago. But the DA still chose to press charges even after the girlfriend told them she was lying so let's see. 

17 minutes ago, N4L said:

Or maybe today's statement is EXACTLY what happened and EXACTLY what Ruben told them happened. They believed him, which is why they didn't cut him. Its why they were blindsided by the accusations made when they charged him and made the statement that 'his future would depend on what was learned during the legal process'. 

Is it possible that he paid her? of course its possible. I think it is more likely that she felt guilty or that she knew the truth would somehow come out in court and decided to come clean. 

Maybe. Maybe not. 

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he still gets 6 just because of the precedent with Zeke. 

Why does every post about foster sound like there's only one charge. Aside from the fact that she's going tho have to recant everything she's said in the past, and to a bunch of people, there are still illegal weapons charges and the marijuana charge in Alabama. This is not nearly over. 

2 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Why does every post about foster sound like there's only one charge. Aside from the fact that she's going tho have to recant everything she's said in the past, and to a bunch of people, there are still illegal weapons charges and the marijuana charge in Alabama. This is not nearly over. 

Marijuana charge? Who cares…. Assault rifle felony will be downgraded to a misdemeanor in all likelihood. But I agree he's still getting suspended regardless of the DV charges being dropped, if that is what ends up happening. 

52 minutes ago, Forge said:

Or he paid her. I mean, I hate to be that guy, but that's a possibility, let's be real.

Yes. Much more to find out about this. She reportedly flagged down a passing motorist and asked to call 911. Did she tell that person hey boyfriend just beat het up? Was she crying? Bleeding? Bruised?  Holding her ear (ruptured eardrum)? When she went to the hospital were her bruises and injuries new?  Did she tell any of her friends that he beat het up, or did she tell anyone she was getting even with him?  Did she yell anyone at the time that he wad breaking up with her? More to come for sure. 

5 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Maybe. Maybe not. 

Does it really matter then? 

5 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I think he will probably plead to both charges and get probation or something along those lines, as opposed to the book being thrown at him because he hit a woman. Basically he went from most likely getting the maximum sentencing to hopefully getting a lot less

Knock, Knock

Whose there?

Orange

Orange who?

ORANGE YOU GLAD WE DIDNT CUT HIM

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Marijuana charge? Who cares…. Assault rifle felony will be downgraded to a misdemeanor in all likelihood. But I agree he's still getting suspended regardless of the DV charges being dropped, if that is what ends up happening. 

You and I don't care about the weed charge but to answer your question ... the nfl cares, And it's his second violation. And the nfl will act on the gin charges even if they are downgraded. 

I mean...she got in a fight with another woman... She could have just lied to her lawyer which would rightfully kill her whole case.

Fosters probably cheating..She gets mad, fights woman, gets recorded, gets mad and threatens to ruin foster after he tries to break up with her because of said fight. She's hell fire and brimstone and launches legal action, lawyer promptly asks her to tell her EVERYTHING. She realizes she's started this whole process...but forgot about the video..she thinks "Maybe they did too?" so she continues on, with her lawyer completely in the dark. 

Then the video bomb shell drop, lawyer loses her god damn mind, basically tells her you ruined the case, drop the charges and maintain whatever dignity you have so  it doesn't cost me my career. 

I mean, basically..people lying to their lawyers and it coming back and biting them in the *** is not unheard of..especially when it comes to something involving a volatile relationship between two unstable people. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

I mean...she got in a fight with another woman... She could have just lied to her lawyer which would rightfully kill her whole case.

Fosters probably cheating..She gets mad, fights woman, gets recorded, gets mad and threatens to ruin foster after he tries to break up with her because of said fight. She's hell fire and brimstone and launches legal action, lawyer promptly asks her to tell her EVERYTHING. She realizes she's started this whole process...but forgot about the video..she thinks "Maybe they did too?" so she continues on, with her lawyer completely in the dark. 

Then the video bomb shell drop, lawyer loses her god damn mind, basically tells her you ruined the case, drop the charges and maintain whatever dignity you have so  it doesn't cost me my career. 

I mean, basically..people lying to their lawyers and it coming back and biting them in the *** is not unheard of..especially when it comes to something involving a volatile relationship between two unstable people. 

It wasn't her lawyer she lied to. She called 911. Police responded to call. She was injured and taken to hospital. Whatever she told police was enough for them to act. Was there another woman there? Did foster say it wss someone else who beat het up? After investigation the da decided to proceed with formal charges even though he knows she's changing her story. We can all eventually have our opinions but for now we don't know remotely enough. 

6 minutes ago, John232 said:

I mean, I could see why it seems like a pay off. But the obvious thing is...she lied and that's why she's recanting all her charges. Because if it did go to trial, they wouldn't be able to prove a single thing. 

Honestly, I don't care if he paid her. That's between them. If they can live with it, so be it. I'd hope that he didn't do it again to someone else, of course, but that's obviously out of my control as well. There's really nothing much for me here - it's going to play out one way or the other. If he paid her, eventually it may come out. If he didn't pay her, and she just straight up lied, there's that too. Really, neither option changes my opinion on the entire matter because it's out of my scope. To use a phrase I honestly can't stand, it is what it is. 

Archived