Who do you consider the five least talented teams outside QB?

patriotsheatyan

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Going to be really risky here and say...the Patriots. They have Gronk, Cooks, Hightower and ...who exactly? Seems like a lot of the "good" players on that defense have been traded or about to walk via FA, and while there is some depth at RB, does any other position stand out as a major strength?

Just goes to show you how good this team is due to Brady - had they been forced to play a backup for an extended period of time (NOT a highly touted starter-in-waiting like Garropolo - I'm talking Ryan Mallett/Tom Savage/Blaine Gabbert level backup) they'd struggle to win two games.

We went 1-1 last year with Brissett. I think that's a reach. The offensive line is decent, the receiving corps is elite, the running backs are decent, the linebackers are decent, the secondary was pretty good, and the defensive line was decent. Not a bottom 5 roster.

Packers borderline for sure. went 3-5 or 3-6 depending on how you want to look at it in full games without Rodgers. Not counting week 17 as we sat the majority of our starters... 

Browns are an interesting one. The Browns are actually better without their current QBs. 

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:02 AM, JBURGE25 said:

Packers borderline for sure. went 3-5 or 3-6 depending on how you want to look at it in full games without Rodgers. Not counting week 17 as we sat the majority of our starters... 

Browns are an interesting one. The Browns are actually better without their current QBs. 

Yeah, I think if each team had to run an actual game without their QBs, the Browns would have a leg up because they are not accustomed to QB play

On 2/13/2018 at 9:38 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

Going to be really risky here and say...the Patriots. They have Gronk, Cooks, Hightower and ...who exactly? Seems like a lot of the "good" players on that defense have been traded or about to walk via FA, and while there is some depth at RB, does any other position stand out as a major strength?

Just goes to show you how good this team is due to Brady - had they been forced to play a backup for an extended period of time (NOT a highly touted starter-in-waiting like Garropolo - I'm talking Ryan Mallett/Tom Savage/Blaine Gabbert level backup) they'd struggle to win two games.

Julian Edelman, Chris Hogan, Nate Solder, David Andrews, Matthew Slater, Malcolm Brown, Stephon Gilmore, Devin McCourty, Stephen Gostkowski

The three you mentioned; Hightower, Gronkowski, Cooks.

And Kyle Van Noy, Trey Flowers, Lawrence Guy, Marcus Cannon, Shaq Mason, Duron Harmon, Patrick Chung, and James White would make every NFL team and play in/be active in every game. So I'd consider them solid role players. Deatrich Wise Jr., Jonathan Jones, and Malcolm Mitchell are young players developing quickly into solid starters.

I feel like I'm the only one that thinks the Browns are actually a really talented team, that just completely flopped because they had no guys at certain positions.  They might have one of the best LB cores in football with Shobert, Kirksey, and Collins, they have an extremely talented DL starring Shleton and Garrett with Ogunjobi and Ogbah looking promising early.  They're just completely lacking back end talent other than Peppers.  On the OL, they have Thomas, Zeitler, Tretter and Bitonio, which is a very talented group, with Gordon and Coleman as the WR's, who are both extremely talented.  Honestly, if we're taking QB out of the equation, this seems like it might even be on the higher end of the spectrum from a talent perspective. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2018 at 1:17 PM, Duffman57 said:

I feel like I'm the only one that thinks the Browns are actually a really talented team, that just completely flopped because they had no guys at certain positions.  They might have one of the best LB cores in football with Shobert, Kirksey, and Collins, they have an extremely talented DL starring Shleton and Garrett with Ogunjobi and Ogbah looking promising early.  They're just completely lacking back end talent other than Peppers.  On the OL, they have Thomas, Zeitler, Tretter and Bitonio, which is a very talented group, with Gordon and Coleman as the WR's, who are both extremely talented.  Honestly, if we're taking QB out of the equation, this seems like it might even be on the higher end of the spectrum from a talent perspective. 

Yea they really stepped it up last year with their draft picks. Their problem is FO and coaching.

H/e they could knock it out of the park this year if they continue with this draft.

6 hours ago, Buddyboy said:

Not the Bears, they are slooowly restocking talent. If the 2018 draft is as good as 2017, they are WC bound.

Stop it. This team just went 5-11 with a borderline top 1/3 defense during a year that Rodgers was not available for the majority of the season. 

Sure, getting rid of the dead wood on the roster and the major changes on a staff that can't possibly any be worse, appears to be better but lay off on the kool-aid. This is still an 8 win team AT BEST.

8 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Stop it. This team just went 5-11 with a borderline top 1/3 defense during a year that Rodgers was not available for the majority of the season. 

Sure, getting rid of the dead wood on the roster and the major changes on a staff that can't possibly any be worse, appears to be better but lay off on the kool-aid. This is still an 8 win team AT BEST.

I shall endeavor to sample the beverage before offering it out. 

The big key is the subjective nature of a draft in '18 as good as '17.

On 2/13/2018 at 4:49 PM, Danger said:

Is Joe Thomas done? 

Myles Garrett obviously has potential. Josh Gordon is an interesting case, but outside of them.... ?????

Duke Johnson, David Njoku, Kevin Zeitler, Joel Bitonio, Christian Kirksey, Jamie Collins, Joe Schobert, Jabril Peppers, Emmanuel Ogbah

There is a lot of talent on that team and they had a top 10 defense for the majority of the season last year until the complete inept ability of the offense finally took its toll of the defense holding up. Their front 7 on defense is 1 more good pass rusher away from being one of the top units in the NFL. They finished #2 in the NFL in yards per rush allowed, they just need another pass rusher opposite of Garrett to complete the unit to becoming elite.

On 2/13/2018 at 6:38 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

I mean you have to give a lot of credit to Belichick/Patricia for making the most out of what was a horrific unit too.

Archived