BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

20 minutes ago, Whicker said:

@spreadsheet editors, for whatever reason, Seoul has Ricardo Allen listed at CB instead of Robert Alford. Alford is also missing the player database.

Also, two things to add to the list for the next owner's meeting: Increase number of bench players to 10. Requiring comments on votes from outside the league.

I corrected it this morning

As for the votes from outside the league, I've already PMed bcb, Jlash and Rags (who would take my spot in the ruling committee given I'm directly involved in the matter).

Moreover, we introduced two years ago a rule that makes mandatory voting, commenting and submitting gameplans. I'll have to check back what the rule was exactly, but cap penaltys for the next season were to apply. We didn't track it last year, but I will this year.

Mike and Hockey are exonerated from this rule for this week, since they're new owners, but it doesn't matter since I believe they already voted and commented on more than 50% of the games

Don't vote in 5 games out of 8 as an owner (co-owners are obviously not included) and:

1st offense: Fair Warning
2nd offense: 1K cap penalty in the following year
3rd offense: 2K
4th offense: 4K
5th offense: 8K
6th+ offense: 10K and an automatic league wide vote to kick you out of the league in the Winter meeting

Idea #9b: to help against tanking and inactivity, I propose this rule for missed gameplans

1st offense: 1K Cap penalty
2nd offense: 5K Cap penalty
3rd offense: 10K Cap penalty and an automatic league wide vote to kick you out of the league in the Winter meeting

In both cases, if fair warning is given or for a good reason, the owner can be excused and one or several offenses can be withdrawn by the ruling committee. Offenses are not cumulative over the years.

Idea #9c: to promote BDL activity and discussion, I propose to make game comments mandatory:

1st to 3rd offense: Fair warning
From 4th offense onwards: $500 per offense. No further sanction can be applied. 

In each case, penalties will be cleared if ownership changes. For instance, Hockey would not have been penalized this year for rofl inactivity early last year.

6 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Mike and Hockey are exonerated from this rule for this week, since they're new owners, but it doesn't matter since I believe they already voted and commented on more than 50% of the games

Psh. I'll get my votes in for all of them. I have until Tomorrow at noon.

• Like 2