BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Absolutely not man. Was I wary when you initially wanted to jump back in? Sure, because the first time you jumped in you bailed pretty quickly and was worried about it happening again. I think you've done a great job, your write ups are always on point and you're one of the most active owners to this point. Those are the best kind of owners. I think you're great. I just like to give people a hard time. I'll keep your feelings in mind from now on.

And the Royce Freeman thing wasn't about you, it was about PR.

Yeah go easy on my feelings...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

For me, the younger and less proven a player, the more I take weekly performance into account.  

Even if Brees has a bad week, he is still Brees.  At some point, you know what a guy is or is not.  Now, if Brees is hampered due to injury, I do consider that.  

I do think people get a bit too caught up in QBs(especially considering my track record), but it is the most impactful position in sports for a reason.  And that can't be ignored.

That said, others will view it differently, and while I might not agree, the difference in views is one of the things I enjoy about BDL.  If everyone thought that exact same way, it would be very boring.

This whole debate started because I said that TJ Watt had a more impactful game than Mahomes did this week.  The retort was that, "Watt won't win you games in BDL, Mahomes will".

The franchise tag will tell you the most important positions w/ QB being the top.  My post wasn't disagreeing with that, just stating that Watt had the better game this week.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

@ny92mike can you tell me why the original Portland plan posted was changed after kickoff 

No I can't....

I did edit one post but it wasn't the game plan it was the first post because I had an extra space in the second paragraph that bothered me.

I don't recall editing anything outside of the above and I don't think that was even that matchup.

Edited by ny92mike

13 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Yes it went from disorganized normal xmad we know and love to colors and bullets and organization and stuff moved around 

Oh yeah I changed up the gameplan style, i can screenshot the version I sent to @ny92mike if you think there's monkey business. 

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

So the only position that matters in bdl is qb...thats stupid.

Whats yhe point in game planning if you favor qb over everything else.

I hope the rest of you guys dont see it that way.

It isnt just QB. I have Jared Goff and am winless. Rodgers has lost this season as well.  

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Absolutely not man. Was I wary when you initially wanted to jump back in? Sure, because the first time you jumped in you bailed pretty quickly and was worried about it happening again. I think you've done a great job, your write ups are always on point and you're one of the most active owners to this point. Those are the best kind of owners. I think you're great. I just like to give people a hard time. I'll keep your feelings in mind from now on.

And the Royce Freeman thing wasn't about you, it was about PR.

Yep, it's about me. Not you.

45 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Oh yeah I changed up the gameplan style, i can screenshot the version I sent to @ny92mike if you think there's monkey business. 

Did I edit this...I don't recall doing this.

What you guys are looking at is exactly what he sent me.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Did I edit this...I don't recall doing this.

What you guys are looking at is exactly what he sent me.

Maybe the formatting didn't load for some reason? That's the only thing I can think of that would make it look different.