BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Well then that in itself is a problem. That goes back to looking out for the integrity of the league.

Trading expiring contracts for something when your team isnt going to compete anyways is a good way for the weak teams to try to improve through the draft the following year while the competitive teams get something to win this year. I dont see an issue nor how this effects the integrity of the league. Every professional sport with trading capabilities does this.

Plus we can only 3UP 3 players anyways. The competitive team gets rentals unless they really really desire to keep a player they traded for.

Edited by PR
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, PR said:

Trading expiring contracts for something when your team isnt going to compete anyways is a good way for the weak teams to try to improve through the draft the following year while the competitive teams get something to win this year. I dont see an issue nor how this effects the integrity of the league.

We agree on everything you just said. My point was a deadline is necessary to stop teams from selling off for nothing the last day of the year for pennies on the dollar. 

• Like 2

Updated my depth chart as best I can. 

Can one of the roster guys please update some of the players on my team? Jordan Phillips has been on a roster for every game of the year and has been listed as a FA for a while. David Irving is listed as "did not report" also.

• Like 1

One of the things we did to help playoff teams down the stretch this year was extending Waivers into the playoffs for those teams only. Let's see how that works before talking of getting rid of the Trade Deadline (not going to happen anyway).

• Like 1