BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

Derrius Guice's knee needed a total of 4 surgeries because of infection. Did they run out of Lysol wipes in DC?

Reminds me of a few years ago when one team (Tampa?) had all those Staph infection issues.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

A long time.  

I could see him bailing out if he'd just started but a long time member not so much.  With that said, we had a member bail in tcmd last year because he didn't approve of a rule, we've talked since then but not sure if he'll be back.

People hate that I pack my guidelines with information but you almost have to if you want to prevent loopholes and have it cover every possible situation.  I have to admit though, when I reviewed the guidelines, I was a little surprised not to see more information on tiebreakers for the playoffs.  There was information about tie breakers for the game voting but that was it.

13 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I could see him bailing out if he'd just started but a long time member not so much.  With that said, we had a member bail in tcmd last year because he didn't approve of a rule, we've talked since then but not sure if he'll be back.

People hate that I pack my guidelines with information but you almost have to if you want to prevent loopholes and have it cover every possible situation.  I have to admit though, when I reviewed the guidelines, I was a little surprised not to see more information on tiebreakers for the playoffs.  There was information about tie breakers for the game voting but that was it.

Yeah one of the things we should knock out in the off-season is a backlog and organization of the old forum's rules into a single thing. (I know @SirA1 more or less did the backlog bit so thanks for that) 

But we need it all edited together so we can just refer to the master document version of that.

Plus probably updating and familiarizing the basic rules so we can adjust them if need be.