BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

A potentially weird idea to get a bit of debate going while the clock ticks by....

Have you ever considered doing the draft on a live group chat/conference? There is tons of software out there that would support the limited functionality it would need. In my head all I can think of is a chat room that can host all owners plus some viewers, the option to go to video mode for each owner to announce picks and the option to privately 1-2-1 message people to facilitate trades. You could even just try it for the 1st round one year, with 10 mins otc per pick it would be under 3 hours everyone needs to find free, which set up months in advance should be possible.

I think it would be cool actually seeing faces/hearing voices that are behind all these internet messages. I bet most of my guesses for what people looked like would be way off the mark. Plus it would add a certain frantic, craziness to the draft with picks coming so thick and fast!

7 minutes ago, Taylor091 said:

A potentially weird idea to get a bit of debate going while the clock ticks by....

Have you ever considered doing the draft on a live group chat/conference? There is tons of software out there that would support the limited functionality it would need. In my head all I can think of is a chat room that can host all owners plus some viewers, the option to go to video mode for each owner to announce picks and the option to privately 1-2-1 message people to facilitate trades. You could even just try it for the 1st round one year, with 10 mins otc per pick it would be under 3 hours everyone needs to find free, which set up months in advance should be possible.

I think it would be cool actually seeing faces/hearing voices that are behind all these internet messages. I bet most of my guesses for what people looked like would be way off the mark. Plus it would add a certain frantic, craziness to the draft with picks coming so thick and fast!

That would be a lot of fun.  I'd be game.

And Nelson is a great fit for Wichita.  Good get for them.

8 minutes ago, Taylor091 said:

That would be awesome but very complicated to do with people all around the globe.

Plus if you lose your connexion during the draft you would be pretty screwed

26 minutes ago, Taylor091 said:

While it sounds awesome, I do actually have a day job during about 90% of the draft. I think video chatting a mock draft would be frowned upon.

9 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

While it sounds awesome, I do actually have a day job during about 90% of the draft. I think video chatting a mock draft would be frowned upon.

You don't know until you try.