Madden 19

MacReady

34 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Usually the cut off for running those precise out routes is 94 overall route running (meaning 95+ will get you unbeatable). Try it with AB vs. Ramsey and let me know how it goes.

Also, was this just in 2 man under with the stock press, or with off coverage too?

I threw the route 15 times.  10 yard out route with nobody else on the side except for Brown vs Ramsey.  2 man under coverage.  I moved the football to the very middle of the field and then I moved it to the furthest left hash so that Big Ben would be even further away from Brown to see if that changes anything.

With the ball in the middle and Antonio Brown running a 10 yard our route:  7 interceptions by Ramsey, 4 caught by Brown out of bounds, 2 caught by Brown in-bounds, 3 Ramsey knockdowns.

With ball on the left hash Antonio Brown:  6 interceptions by Ramsey, 4 caught by Brown out of bounds, 4 caught by Brown in-bounds, 1 Ramsey knockdown.

JuJu Smith-Schuster with ball on the left hash:  10 interceptions by Ramsey, 3 Ramsey knockdown, 1 JuJu catch, 1 JuJu catch out of bounds.

**I threw approximately 30 out routes Antonio Brown vs Jalen Ramsey 1v1 man coverage.  13 interceptions by Ramsey, 4 knockdowns by Ramsey, 8 pass caught by Brown out of bounds, 6 passes caught by Brown in bounds (totals from above).

I also noticed that there doesn't seem to be a ton of space after separation for your receiver to catch the ball in-bounds.  There is 100% a difference in route running between receivers.  To break the numbers down even more simple, lets just count the passes Brown caught out of bounds as separation since he did catch the football.

17 stops by Ramsey and 14 conversions by Brown.  As opposed to JuJu vs Ramsey where Ramsey had 13 stops and only 2 conversions by JuJu.

As far as some basic ratings go:

Jalen Ramsey:  97 overall, 93 speed, 89 agility, 97 awareness, 97 play recognition, 96 man coverage, 98 press

Antonio Brown: 99 overall, 92 speed, 98 agility, 99 awareness, 97 release, 98 short route running, 97 medium route running, 96 deep route running

JuJu Smith-Schuster:  80 overall, 89 speed, 88 ability, 81 awareness, 75 release, 81 short route running, 83 medium route running, 83 deep route running

WAIT.... You're telling me that there is actually real gameplay improvement that isn't just animations but seriously impacts the way the game plays?!

Are you sure you're playing Madden? Positive you didn't download some alternate football game from the future when EA loses the exclusive rights deal?

And that there are actually improvements to franchise mode?! 

I...I...I think I might actually shed a tear right now.

There's so much to test.  man vs zone with so many different routes.  It really does feel like there is a massive difference between Jalen Ramsey vs E.J. Gaines.  I remember in like Madden 11 Darrelle Revis sucked and it was much better to have a super fast CB like Fabian Washington (his name just popped into my head lol) because he could cover more ground.

The Jaguars have two amazing CB.  A.J. Bouye is on the other side and rated a 94 overall, I believe.  Could be really difficult to throw the ball on the outside against those guys.

9 hours ago, Norm said:

Loading times on PC with an SSD are insanity

This is why you get an SSD. I absolutely love that the longest part of loading into Windows is waiting for the wifi to connect.

And small (500GB or less) SATA ones are getting cheaper and cheaper.

15 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

God dammit. Y'all really trying to convince me to buy this?

Be like me, just wait.  Is a month really going to make a difference at this point? Sorry. Been burned too many times by EA before.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Be like me, just wait.  Is a month really going to make a difference at this point? Sorry. Been burned too many times by EA before.

Oh, no. I'm not gonna rush to download it. But it does sound like there have been enough improvements to buy it...

16 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Oh, no. I'm not gonna rush to download it. But it does sound like there have been enough improvements to buy it...

There are definitely improvements and I like this game better than last year's version; however, this is Madden.  Madden isn't going to drastically change year-to-year.  Basically, if you enjoy Madden at it's core then get the game.  If not, then you shouldn't buy it.

Even though I really wanna play some football, gonna wait and buy from a third party. No money to EA. 

Showtime would you buy a NFL2K game or do you really like Madden? Also are you mostly an online player and don't care about franchise? Maddens Franchise has been so many lightyears behind NBA 2K and MLB The Show it's just ridiculous. They've had almost 15 years on next gen. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Even though I really wanna play some football, gonna wait and buy from a third party. No money to EA. 

Showtime would you buy a NFL2K game or do you really like Madden? Also are you mostly an online player and don't care about franchise? Maddens Franchise has been so many lightyears behind NBA 2K and MLB The Show it's just ridiculous. They've had almost 15 years on next gen. 

I'm mostly only an online player.  I play in online franchises and online ranked.  

Here's the thing about Madden's online franchise.  It just works.  The leagues never glitch out, the online connections are really good, etc.  In terms of features, 2K has more features, but the online leagues in 2K are so terrible (up until very recently).  Literally, you couldn't even play in an online league in NBA 2K up until last year.  The leagues would always glitch out, you couldn't advance it to a second season and it was just not even worth playing.  2K's servers also suck and have sucked for the last decade.

With that said, NBA 2K19's online league's look amazing.  The devs released a very long and very detailed blog.  They said essentially every feature that is in MyLeague offline will be in the online version next year.  That sounds unreal.  I'm really concerned about the servers and the ability to constantly advance the league.

As far as a 2K football game, yes, I would consider buying it if it was good.

Archived